Prologue

A woman in black robes walked into the dimly lit room. Her two animal companions, a polecat and a black labrador followed at her heels.

"You came," a voice whispered through the stone.

"Of course I came," the woman said. "My daughter's life hangs in the balance. How could I not come? I need to know the prophecy."

"You are not allowed here, goddess of mist and magic."

Twin torches flared into the woman's hands. "You cannot control where I go. I need to know the prophecy."

"The Oracle of Delphi cannot just be ordered to reiterate prophecies at will, especially big ones," a new voice said.

The woman stiffened, feeling the presence of the person behind her. "Apollo."

"Hecate. What are you doing here?"

"You know why I'm here," she snapped.

Apollo sighed. "I'm sorry. This is an issue that you must take up with Zeus and Zeus alone."

Hecate turned around to face him. "It's your oracle. Why don't you just tell it to tell me?"

"Zeus would have my head! You know I can't do that."

"Then you're just going to leave a child to die?

Apollo sighed. "I'm sorry Hecate. But I can't. You of all people should understand that."

Hecate snarled in frustration but then sighed. "I know. I know."

"Maybe we can help," another voice said behind Apollo.

Hecate whirled around as eleven people materialized in the room. All the Olympians (except for Zeus) and Hades walked into the light.

She glanced from Hades to Hera to Poseidon. "What is the meaning of this?"

Hera smiled sadly. "We know what is to come. And I think that my husband is a piece of cow shit for banning you from hearing the prophecy and all of us from visiting our children. It is absurd."

"So," Artemis said, stepping forward. "We've come with an offer. All of us are in agreement that this is wrong."

"Not all," Dionysus muttered, but shut up at the glare Artemis shot him.

"So," she continued, "all of us have agreed to let you and your child stay with us on Olympus until she turns seventeen."

"In the meantime," Hades said, "we'll help train her and her powers and prepare her as best as we can for what is to come."

"After all," Hera said, "she could be the difference between the success of whomever the child of the eldest-god or the rise of Kronos again when the time comes."

Hecate stared at all of them, speechless. "I-what will Zeus say?"

Artemis grinned. "He will be taken care of."

"Oh yes," Hera said. "His wrath will be great. But he will not take it out on you or your child if all of us stand with you. King of the gods he may be, but he cannot stand against all thirteen of us at once."

"The only thing we ask of you is to fight with us against Kronos when the time comes," Hades said, meeting Hecate's gaze.

"It's a deal."

***
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for updates and announcements!