2.Daydreaming

I seriously think I should not be day dreaming at this particular time. My father seemed to be conveying rather serious information and I was day dreaming about him saying I was to marring some business guy. I pinched myself once and then again and again when the message was not changing.

"Lily what are you doing?" Denise held my hands apart and then I realized they had been watching me inflict rather painful pinches. My wrist was turning a gushing pink. I smiled foolishly after that.

"I think I heard papa say I was getting married to one of his friends, I think I was daydreaming again. Maybe you can start all over." I scratched my head stupidly.

Denise drew in a deep breath and let go of my hands. She then left the dining table and went to the window adjacent to the garden.

The reflection of light through the window made her eyes shine with unshed tears. She was biting on her lower lip so tightly I was afraid it could tear and draw blood.

The chills on my back were back and colder now. I think time stopped at that moment before it all sunk in. My back went ridged at that moment and fear crept in. I looked at my father's miserable face and I wanted to cry for the first time in years. I felt like my carpet had been drawn from under me, I think I saw several of his friends in a board laughing at me.

Off course he would sell me. I was not his favorite and I was sure as hell not his daughter. I had heard him tell my mother that once. I should have seen this coming.

All this time I thought it was his wedding, turns out it was.... mine.

"...Well if you would put the gun down I will let you arrange the wedding, everything the way you ...."

How dumb are you Lily, Marcella would not let you arrange her wedding. It had to be your wedding.
Now that I was catching up on things, at least papa would not be marring that witch, was he?

"Are you still marring that witch Marcella? I hope not." I asked my father to be sure though.

"What!" Denise cried.

Oh-oh that part slipped. Turns out she was not informed on that little detail. It is a joy to withhold great information.

"What? No where did you get that absurd idea Lily?" It was my father's turn to be surprised.

"You kind of mentioned a wedding earlier when I walked into your very pg. make out-" He cut me after that.

He was getting flashed. Denise did not know of that affair either.

"Yeah, I did. But it was not mine. Now forget you even saw that." He waved his hand and cleared his throat rather flustered.

"So, when is this wedding?" I asked.

"Lily, you cannot agree to this madness, you do not even know him." Denise cried.

"Well, that bit is true. But I want to get enough information to know who is behind this so I don't shoot the wrong guy." I seriously had to know who was behind all of this.

"Hannah, where is your gun?" My father asked. From the tone he was using, you could think he was speaking to a 7 year-old me.

"I have it in my hostler off course. Why?" He was acting weird. Or is it...?

"Papa are you behind any of this?" I asked on second thought.

But off course he was. Why would he be here trying to talk me into a marriage to one of his business friends as he had said earlier.

"Lily you need to understand what is at stake here." He tried to reason with me, and by now he was up from his seat. He looked unsure now.

I bet he had not thought on the idea of me shooting him over this news. I had never killed anyone before to be honest, so I could not any way. But he did not know that and did not have to.