"Carving Beauty" by lili_p

A Review by KimFry

A killer gruesomely nicknamed "The Carver."  A victim who lived through it all.  A dark tale of a disturbed killer and a young woman trying to survive again.

"Carving Beauty" was written by lili_p with excellent usage of vocabulary, grammar, and distinct dark description.  The story recaps the initial escape of a girl and the killer's return as he taunts her with a necklace he took from her, and the mangled body of other girls.

A classic 'Whodunnit,' it can fall into both the thriller and horror category.  With a simple plot and excellent detail, this story is a must read to anyone who likes stories of stalkers, killers, and gruesome cat-and-mouse games.  lili_p is an excellent writer.  Although "Carving Beauty" is her only Wattpad story posted, this author shows much talent and all can hope for another piece of work.  

The story is part of Watty Awards, so if you haven't read it yet, I firmly suggest you head on over and give it a whirl.  It is so well written it doesn't matter what it's about, it's eye-catching from the beginning.  There are so many heart-catching drops, it leaves the reader almost dying just to find out what is to come next.

There is not much to say without giving the details away, but if you haven't seen the interview with the awesome author, check out Dark Dimensions Issue #8!