Chapter 20

The next morning, Adam remained in Assad's apartment. He went down to grab some fresh clothes and his laptop so that he could work, but he spent all day in Assad's place, talking with the man as he completed an assignment in his bedroom.

During their chatter and interaction, the knowledge that Assad said that they would try to go all the way today made Adam nervous. His face kept warming up, and his eyes kept fixating on Assad who was too focused on the print design spread across his table. Noon passed, and it was soon evening, and Adam decided that Assad not bringing it up again meant that it wasn't going to happen or that the man had simply forgotten. He was a bit sad about it, but he didn't speak up, and just decided that being able to spend time with his boyfriend was enough.

"I'm done," Assad said, stepping away from the table and taking off his apron. Adam stood up, walking over to the table before having a look at the hyper-realistic underwater design that features a diver and a whale.

"It looks good," Adam said, tugging his hands into the pocket of his joggers.

Assad grinned. "Thanks." He folded his apron before tossing it into the laundry basket at the other end of the room. "I'm going to take a shower in a minute."

Adam swallowed the want in the back of his mouth when he heard that. It means nothing. He told himself, closing his eyes for a bit. Assad doesn't remember what he said, so it means nothing.

Adam opened his eyes, forcing a smile on his face before rubbing the back of his aching neck. Maybe sitting at the edge of his bed with his computer on his lap hadn't been a good idea. bending over had been bad for his neck.

"I'm going to get some water," Adam announced as Assad made to take off his shirt. He didn't wait for the younger man to respond before he slipped out of the bedroom and went into the kitchen to pour a glass of water for himself. When he was done drinking, he dropped the empty glass in the sink before crouching over it and letting out a sigh. He listened to the leaking tap drip water as his hot face started to cool down.

Adam groaned again, feeling his face warm up as he remembered the view of Assad's chest. He had really wanted to give things a try today.

"Hey, aren't you going to take a shower with me?"

Adam straightened up and looked behind him to find Assad approaching him with just a towel around his waist.

"I'm done with schoolwork, so we can try now," the man said with a small smile, stopping right behind Adam before wrapping his hands around him. "Or did you forget?"

"N-no," Adam stuttered, staring down at the sink. So, Assad hadn't forgotten at all.

"Then let's go shower first," Assad muttered into the man's ear, giving his neck a few kisses as his hands crawled up Adam's shirt to feel the skin of his chest.

"You know, this was my motivation to finish my homework on time," the younger man laughed, taking his hands away before turning Adam around to face him. He helped the man take off his shirt before leaning close and pressing a kiss to the man's lips. They kissed for a bit, pressing their weight against the kitchen sink as Adam scurried to take off his pants and boxers.

"Adam..."

Adam wasn't sure if he moaned because of the way Assad said his name, or if it was because he'd been waiting for things to happen all day, but he had moaned, and it had coaxed an equally low sound of pleasure from Assad's lips. They stumbled around, somehow finding their way into the bathroom where Assad took off his towel, and Adam followed him into the shower space.

Assad placed both his hands against the side of Adam's head as they kissed sloppily under the shower. The warm water trickled down their skins and made contact slippery.