Chapter 8

"Yeah" I answered back to Jack.
He scooted closer to me and sat up looking at me.
"I believe everyone has a story. Whether it's the smallest thing or the biggest. Everyone has one. I know you have one Lauren. I've known you have since the moment I layed my eyes on you. I have a story too and I want to tell you it." He said looking deep into my eyes.
I nodded allowing him to continue.
"My whole life my older sister was crazy. There was always just something messed up about her." He said as his jaw clenched.
"When I was 12... She uh" he said as he started to play with his shoes.
"Jack you don't have to tell me if you're not ready" I said.
"No I'm ready, I just haven't thought about it in awhile." He said looking up.
"When I was 12 my sister went crazy rampage and tried to kill my whole family. She ended up killing my mother and herself" he said looking down.
My heart ached for Jack as he started crying. I could have never had guessed that's why his mom was never around. I reached over and pulled him into a long hug.
"I just never got to say goodbye" he said getting choked up.
"Shhh it's okay" I said even though we both knew it wasn't ok.

I took a deep breath and decided I would tell him. No one knew the full story besides me and mike. He's the first person I would ever tell.
"Jack can I tell you something" I said after I let him calm down a bit.
"Yeah of course" he said looking at me.
"I moved here for a reason." I said as the tears started to form.
"I don't really know how to explain it" which I really didn't. It all happened so fast. There was a lot in the story.
He stayed silent waiting for what I had to say.
"Last year around September I met this guy named Mike. He was that kid that everyone was scared of in school. Idk how I got involved with him. It just kind of happened. I should've listened to my friend Katie I was just so stupid and scared and I just.." I stopped as I cried.
Jack held me and kissed my forehead.
"At a party he asked me out and told me if I said no he'd kill me. He started abusing me and it just got worse the longer I was with him. One day he took me to this shed in the middle of no where and he..." I couldn't get myself to say the next words. I always felt like id be judged if I talked about it.
"You don't have to say it" Jack said sincerely.
I smiled through the tears and continued.
"After a few months my friends Katie became distant, and I don't know why and I never will. One day I walked to her house and I found her on her bed not breathing." I sobbed harder into Jacks chest.
"You don't have to tell me anything else Lauren" he said as he wiped the tears off my face.
"No i want to" I said as I tried to continue.
"After awhile it just got worse. He'd start abusing my brother, and we'd get high and drunk almost every night...one night in May he came to my house at like 1 am and ripped me out of bed into his car. He was mad at me and I just wish I knew why.... I couldn't see who else was in the car but when we got to wherever we were he took off the blanket on my head and I was with my sister Danielle and her friend Lindsay.... We all fought back... He stabbed me and cut my leg. And while I was on the floor I heard gunshots and I turned and he shot Lindsay..." I hated thinking about that night. It was the worst night of my life. Id had many bad nights with Mike but nothing will compare to that one. After he shot Lindsay I ran. I can't really remember much else other than I felt like a piece of me had died that night.

"Lauren ohmygod" Jack said as tears formed in both our eyes.
Jack didn't say anything else before picking me up and carrying me down to his room. I threw on some of his sweatpants and a t shirt and climbed into his bed.
"Lauren" he said looking in my eyes and playing with my hair.
"Yeah" I said.
"I want you to know you never have to ever go through that again. I'm gonna protect you. I'm gonna be here for you." I smiled.

*JACKS POV*

I loved her. I really did.
She really did have a story. And I'm glad she trusted me enough to tell me.

It only made me want her more. I wanted to love her. I wanted to be there for her no matter what. I wanted to show her the world isn't all bad.

She smiled after what Id just said to her.
"I love you. So much" i said and I meant it.
"I love you too Jack" she said looking into my eyes.
Id only known her a month and she's already the best thing that's ever happened to me.
I leaned in and kissed her gently. I grabbed both sides of her face and smiled into the kiss. She pulled back.
"I really love you" she said as she leaned back in.
She fell asleep within minutes and I just layed there watching her. She was so fragile. Like if you touched her the wrong way she'd break. I pulled her in tighter as we both fell asleep.

Do you ship it? Let me know what you guys think so far and if you have any suggestions :)