Chapter #1 Destiny Offers a Path

Lightning flashed throughout the night skies as the torrential rains poured, the roads were bare as no-one was foolish enough to tread through such hellish weather. The trees in the woods sound as if they were moaning due to the strong wind. The thunder forced the ground to quake with every clap. It was indeed a frightening night that would surely spook even the hardiest of souls. Outside the city of Vailstone led a winding and narrow road to the cities castle, a castle that harbored a reasonable and loving king.

A frightening black stallion charged through the strong rain and pulled behind it an old dark stagecoach. At the reins of the rickety chariot sat a ghoulish being, a headless entity which emitted warm gray smoke from its exposed gaping neck. The headless coachman violently lashed the demonic horse with its fiery whip encouraging it to run faster. Each snap of its long whip sparked bursts of fire under the blanket of rain. The galloping beast's hooves rivaled the grumbling thunder. In the nearing distance Vailstone's castle walls were in visible range.

          The castle had been warned and its line of defense had been issued

The castle had been warned and its line of defense had been issued. Much of the castle's security was alarmed once the ghastly stagecoach reached its destination. The headless creature snapped its whip on the horses back causing it to rear up and open its mouth wide, regurgitating a large fire ball which clashed against the castle's perimeter.

Soldiers positioned their guns from above the walls, readying their weapons and taking aim at the mysterious monsters that lurk throughout the night. The soldiers were unsettled at the appearance of the headless coachman until the grand duke appeared to evaluate this demonic threat.

The grand duke's name is Raziel and was a highly trusted and reliable warrior of the kings. He bared few battle scars yet has killed hundreds of men and monsters in combat. He was a muscular black-haired man with a small silvery white patch of hair in the center of his head. The grand duke was an intimidating six feet and six inches tall. He had an aura of confidence about him and few had the resolve to oppose him. He stood tall while curiously staring at the dark menace on the other side of the castle and evaluating the threat.