Prologue

(Authors note: I'm not used to posting my writing online, and I have no experience when it comes to writing, so there is probably a few errors in there. English is also not my first language. If you could please give me some pointers and advice about something I'm doing wrong or some errors I make, I would really appreciate it! Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and stay fresh!)

"Pearlie, can you get the door," Marina called from the kitchen. "It's probably Marie and Sean."

"Sure," Pearl called and rose up from the chair she was sitting in. It was late afternoon on Halloween and Marina was holding a Halloween party at her place. Pearl walked to the door and opened it. 

Outside stood Marie, dressed as a witch. "Pearl," she said with a smile on her face and reached in for a hug. "I haven't seen you for so long!"

"Yeah, wonderful to see you too," Pearl said as she struggled to breathe in Maries' tight hug. 

"Where's Sean," she asked as she tried to break free from Marie. "Oh, he's coming up the stairs," Marie answered and let go of Pearl. "Told me to go on ahead since he's carrying a box of drinks," she said and walked to the clothing stand and put her broom in the corner. "That's a really cool costume by the way," she said. "For once, you're not a vampire."

"Well, thank you," Pearl said. "I decided to wear something to fit the recent events," she said proudly. Her costume was quite similar to her dress she wore on the final splatfest, but it had some new details to it. She wore a big mask with huge horns attached to it. 

"I also have this huge sword to fit with it, but I left it at home. You should have seen it, it's huge," she said dramatically. 

"Yeah, almost bigger than you," Marina said and walked out of the kitchen smiling. "Oh, haha, very funny," Pearl answered and rolled her eyes. "Marina," Marie said happily and gave her a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm pretty good, thank you," Marina said and hugged her back. "My Halloween costume didn't work like I intended and malfunctioned."

"Oh, what happened," Marie asked as she put her bag down. Before Marina could answer Pearl interrupted. "She had these big, metal tentacles she could control using these big goggles. She could use them to move around, it was really cool," she said excitingly. 

"Well, it's only a test and it broke down after a couple of hours," Marina said. The sound of a phone ringing came from the kitchen. "I gotta get that, it's probably my landlord," Marina said and looked at Marie with excuse in her eyes. 

"Yeah, sure go ahead," Marie said and smiled. Marina smiled back and ran into the kitchen. A loud thump came from the door and Sean, dressed as a spider, walked in with a big box of drinks. "What's kraken, why do you live so high up Marina," he said and put down the box. "I thought I would be all night climin' those stairs"

"Yeah sorry, the elevator is out of order," she called from the kitchen. Sean turned to Pearl and Marie. "Yo squiddos, how ya doin'" he said and opened his arms. 

"Yo, Sean," Pearl said and hugged him. "About time you came, I was dying of thirst," she said and reached for a Run-Speed Tomato juice. Sean laughed and turned to the kitchen. "Yo Marina, where do you want me to put the box," he called. 

"Just put it in here," she called back. Sean picked up the box and walked into the kitchen. "Is anyone else here," Marie asked and walked into the hallway. "Yeah, Bisk, Flow and Craymond, Iso Padre, Jelfonzo, Judd, Lil'l Judd, Murch, and Sheldon," Pearl counted on her fingers. "Speaking of that, do you know where Callie and the agents ar-"