My Wattpad Love One-Shot

Shane figures that everyone in the world is a piece in a grand puzzle. Shane thinks maybe his piece is inconsequential, but there nonetheless. It could be compared to building blocks, he muses. If one falls down, several go down with it. He was an outer piece, then. Nobody would fall, if something happened to him.

Strangely, he was okay with that. He didn’t lean on any of the other blocks either.

He was an isolated, tiny, trivial, piece. He had no problem with that.

~

Slowly, slowly those eyes are getting to him. All he sees is blue, blue, blue.

All he sees is her, her, her.

Maybe, maybe, he is starting to fit into the puzzle a bit more. Possibly, he is starting to feel her block nudge her way near his.

He’s determined not to lean on her.

No, Shane can’t let someone in. Because that meant to care for them, and did he even have a heart to care with?

~

Shane is sure as ever now. He knows that there is some part of him, that’s attached to her. He knows it. He hates it.

~

Love is supposed to be beautiful. Even unrequited love, like this. Shane wishes he had never met her. All he feels is pain. All he sees is red. He can’t contain all these emotions, and it’s not fair. He wants to yell it from the rooftops. He wants to forget everything. Her eyes, her smile, her stupid, stupid, beautiful laugh.

And so he goes and does exactly that.

Even if it’s only for one night, and even if he wakes up with a massive hangover and a post-it with some random girl’s number on his forehead thanking him for a wonderful night, it’s enough to make him smile.

~

And like Autumn, he changes. He thinks,

‘Maybe this isn’t as bad as I thought’

He thinks,

‘Maybe it’s not so painful…’

Shane let his block tilt towards hers just that little bit more. He didn’t feel inclined to stop it.

~

It was a mistake.

~

Writers Note: Hey there, ColdLady! I hope you like this! So, yeah Angsty!Shane. I couldn’t help but write this, even though its terrible. I know I won't win, but I felt like I needed to write this, as kindof a gift for letting me read MWL, and find a lot of new people and its all thanks to you. So heres your sadly subpar present. I'll try to write another one, thats better, but I'm too lazy! Anyways, enough of my ramblings, thanks for everything,

      joelle xx