project iii.

Project iii. make a collage of your life so far

The following morning, Louis quietly padded into their kitchen.  He rubbed his eyes tiredly with his knuckles, letting out a soft kitten yawn.  His bare feet felt cold against the tiled floor.  His oversized t-shirt drooped down his shoulders, revealing his predominant collarbones and sun-kissed skin.

            “Morning sunshine,” Zayn greeted him with a bright smile.  He was clad in nice trousers, a tight fitting shirt, and a blazer to top it all off. 

            “Mornin’,” was all Louis said.  He swiftly walked over to the counter and poured himself a hot cup of tea from the retro styled kettle.  He took out a small spoon and stirred in a dash of sugar.  He held the mug in his hands, letting the warmth melt away his sleepiness.  The steam curled up towards his nose and filled his thoughts with utter goodness.

            “You’re up late,” Zayn commented.  “Usually you wake up before me on Saturdays.”

            Louis sighed and glanced over to the clock on the microwave.  It was nearly noon.

            “Oh, yeah,” he murmured.  “I just had a long night.”

            Zayn raised an eyebrow.  “Grading papers?”

            Louis stifled.  What was he supposed to say— that he was up all night thinking Harry?   He was usually an honest man, but a little white lie never killed anybody.

            “Yeah,” Louis nodded, “just repetitive essays about Leonardo Di Vinci’s art techniques.”

            Zayn hummed, stepping closer to the shorter man.  “So what do you want to do today?  We could go out to eat, or perhaps go shopping.”

            Louis smiled fondly.  “Shopping sounds lovely, actually,” he admitted.

            “Alright.  Go get ready then.  I’ll buy you anything you want at the mall,” Zayn promised.

            Louis promptly stood up on his tip toes and kissed Zayn’s cheek, then snaked an arm around his waist and patted his bum.  Zayn giggled and grabbed his waist, pulling him in closer.  He gave him a proper smooch on the lips.  Louis sighed happily into the kiss, loving the feeling of warmth and security surrounding him with strong, ink-stained arms. 

            “Go shower,” Zayn finally said, breaking the kiss, but still cupping the other’s face.  “Maybe I’ll come join you in a few minutes.”

            Louis bit his lip, suppressing a sly grin.  He happily skipped off to the shower, making sure to leave the door wide open.

~

            “What do you think of this one?” Louis questioned, holding up a navy blue knitted jumper.  Its sleeves were excessively long, in Zayn’s opinion, but he didn’t say anything.  He sort of liked it when the sleeves hung below Louis’s hands anyway.  He liked loose-fitting clothes on him.  They seemed to cuddle to his skin and make him look even cuter, if that was at all possible.

            “ ‘s nice,” Zayn admitted.  “Do you want it?”

            “Yeah.  I need more clothes fit for winter,” he explained.

            “Alright.  Then you should get one of these, too,” Zayn snickered.  He turned around and grabbed a loose beanie from a shelf.  He smiled brightly as he placed it on Louis’s head of tangled long hair.