19. Changes

Rose woke up to her phone ringing.

She rubbed her eyes, groaning as she picked it up not reading the contact.

"Who's this?" Rose spoke.

"It's Abel."

Rose shot up from the bed, in shock.

"...I felt really bad about last night." He continued, "I don't want it to end like this. You deserved better, I fucked up."

Rose didn't know what to say.

She stayed silent as she took it in.

"Rose?"

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting this at all. I thought you were done with me."

"I just have so much shit going on...my head's not on right. What I said last night was outta pocket."

"It was. All I wanted was for you to check in. That's it."

"I know, I know. I won't fuck it up this time."

"So you want me?" Rose asked.

"Come find out."

"What do you mean?"

"Open your door."

Rose furrowed her brows, eyeing the door as she made her way over. She opened it, Abel standing there with more than a dozen roses.

"How long were you outside?" She asked, moving aside as Abel walked in.

He took hold of her waist.

"For a while," he kissed her. "I missed this."

She smiled.

...

One Week Later

Things were going better than great.

Abel's communication was strong, and he'd come over as much as he could. They were inseparable.

"So you guys finished up the song in less than an hour?" the interviewer asked.

"Yeah, it was quick. After that we wrote the rest of the album and it was done from there." Rose spoke.

"And it's obvious that you guys have crazy chemistry. I'm guessing a lot of the songs were inspired by you?" the interviewer smiled.

"You'd have to ask him," Rose shrugged jokingly.

"We also seen that you've been spotted with SZA and Jorja during studio sessions on instagram. Any songs we should be looking out for?"

"I don't even know if I'm allowed to talk about that honestly," Rose chuckled, "But yeah, SZA's album is coming out great. She's amazing to work with. Jorja too, it's a song on there that we wrote in like ten minutes...you'll see when it's out. I don't wanna give away too much."

"And how does it feel to be one of the most sought after song writers now? Is there pressure?"

"Duh it's pressure. I've been cranking out songs left and right but it's weird, I don't feel tired of it. I don't think I'll ever get tired of writing. I love this shit."

"Oh really? Is there any artists that you'd kill to worth with?"

"Fuck. It's so many. I don't know," Rose looked around the room. "Rihanna? Bey? all the big ones. Who knows."

"You'll get there. What about your relationship with Tyler? Is it true he discovered you?"

"Technically yeah. I was singing at a cafe and he asked for my contact that night. We've been super close since then."

The Vogue interviewer asked a few more questions before they wrapped it up.

"That was great! My editor's gonna type that out and you'll see yourself in this month's issue!" The interviewer had a cute British accent.

"Thank you! it was fun."

"You're gaining traction, we needed you on here." She smiled. "Talk soon!"

They said goodbye's as Rose left the office. It felt strange getting recognition. That was her third interview this week; the emails and calls didn't stop coming.

Frank even suggested that she should change her number—or at least keep a work phone so hers wouldn't blow up all the time.

"Hello?" Rose answered.

"Hey babe. How'd the interview go?"

"It was good! it's supposed to be out this month."

"You wanna come over and celebrate?"

Rose laughed.

"I'll bring over some champagne?"

"Mhmm. Mexican or Chinese food?" he asked.

"Whatever you're craving."

"Chinese it is."

...

Rose and Abel had been having the longest movie run ever.

It was their fourth movie of the night.

"This one looks good," Rose stuffed her face with noodles.

"Play it."

Rose pressed play, the doorbell suddenly ringing.

"Shit," he got up.

"Who's that?"

"Probably a delivery. I'll be back."

He made his way downstairs.

Rose sighed, his phone lighting up. She eyed it. A quick peek wouldn't hurt.

She read the two messages.

i missed you last night
-B, 8:45 pm

i'll be in town this week again though, let me know.
-B, 8:45 pm

Rose set the phone down quickly as Abel walked in with a plaque.

"Album went certified Platinum." He smiled, holding up the frame.

"That's amazing—,"

"Yours should come in tomorrow."

"Mine?"

"You're in the songwriter credits," he got back on the bed, placing a kiss on her lips. "All 'cus of you."