News!

Hi guys, it's me Alem (well, who else would it be right?). It's almost Christmas! And then after that, it's New Year! Hmm, festivities and foods, celebrations with family and all that huh. So, I am guessing we will all be busy for the following days. With that, I would also like to inform you that the book club will be temporarily closed.

(A moment of heavy silence.)

*Alem clears her throat*

Uhm, yes, you heard or read that right. For the month of December, it would be temporarily closed. I have few reasons in doing so, and I would of course tell them to you, hence, this letter.

First, many members are sadly not abiding by the rules I imposed. I find it very unfair for those who actually do their tasks religiously, and in place of those un abiding book club members, I am ashamed and truly sorry to our loyal members.

Secondly, I am busy (shocking!). Hmm, I am currently looking for a job, trying to gather my bearings and find my purpose in life and all that crap adults think about. It's tough, I must say. I face some family issues too that I would not go in details here anymore (because of course it has nothing to do with the book club).

Third, I wanted to sort this book club out. Turn it upside down and rearrange. Like when you clean a fridge, I would need to throw the rotten tomatoes and other stuffs away and clean the stink of the mess it made so that the fresh items I would put wouldn't be contaminated. And by fresh items, I have few ideas for this book club and when I come back, I hope you guys would still be here to be a part of that!

And lastly, it's the holidays. Just enjoy this time of the year writing and reading good books. Spend time with family and friends! I'd use this time to fix the club and hopefully make it better.

Now that I explained the reasons behind my decision, I would not take it against you if you guys decided to leave. I would remain as your friend. Really. But I would appreciate it if you stay and wait until January when I would reopen this book club.

So I wouldn't take more of your time and end this letter here. If you guys would decide to leave or stay, please let me know in the comments section below!

Happy holidays and be happy guys!

Lots of love,
ALEM0007 ^•^