CHAPTER 6: Raiden

Tonight I had just gotten out of an important meeting. It was with a client that I have been wanting to break a contract with now for a couple of years and finally was able to buy him out and agree to break it. 

Markus and I got into the car and I was exhausted to say the least.

"That was interesting." Markus says.

"I know. I can't believe it took him this long to finally agree." I tell him as I started unbuttoning the top couple of buttons on my dress shirt.

"I don't know about you but I'm pretty tired." Markus tells me.

"Yeah me too." I yawned.

He drove a little further and then pointed out we needed to stop by the liquor store to grab a few energy drinks for tomorrow since we weren't going to have enough time in the morning to do so.

I of course stayed inside the car and waited then pulled out my phone and started reading some texts messages from several people and one of them being one of my many booty calls.

Then I looked up not a moment later to see if he was at the counter when I noticed that Frankie girl was inside. What was she doing out this late? It can be dangerous.

I noticed Markus standing behind her and them talking for a little while. I'm not sure what exactly they were talking about but whatever it was, it had involved her walking outside with him.

Right away I noticed there was a tear in her leggings along with her holding herself as if she's cold or her stomach hurts. Her hair also seems to have been a little bit out of place. She then stops the moment she see's me. I start unbuckling and getting out of the car.

"It's alright." Markus reassures her.

"What's going on?" I asked out of curiosity.

"She was robbed at gunpoint tonight while waiting for an Uber to come get her and then walked here and tried calling her friend but she didn't answer so I offered her a ride home." He explains.

"I'm sure my friend will wake up and..." She began but I stopped her.

"It's no problem. Get in." I offer her as I hold the front door open for her to get inside.

"I don't mind sitting in the backseat." She says.

"I mind." I tell her.

Why am I being so nice to her? And who in the hell hurt her?!

She smiles at me as she starts walking towards the car then gets in and I close the door behind her.

I sit in the back and it doesn't even hit me until I am sitting back here. Which it isn't uncommon for me to sit in the backseat but, I don't ever give up my seat for anybody and I just did. Markus also seemed surprised and yet impressed as he nodded and smiled at me.

"So, where to?" Markus asks as he gets in and starts the car up.

"I live actually just a few stop lights away. So after you pull out from here, make a left out the driveway and then after the third stop light, make a right and I live in the apartment complex that's five buildings down that road." She tells him.

"Oh, Hutton street. I used to have friends live there a couple of years back." Markus says.

"Do they still?" She asks trying to make conversation.

"Nah. They left over the past couple of years." He tells her.

"Do you have enough room back there or do you want me to move the seat up?" She asks me.

"What?" I asked not really listening as I am in the middle of replying to somebody through text.

"Do you have enough room back there?" She repeats.

"Yeah. Thanks." I replied.

They both went back to talking to each other and I was surprised that she was so nice to me when I have been a complete jerk to her. I mean sure I offered her the front seat and all but still.

After we pulled up to her apartment complex, Markus offered to walk her inside to her place and I don't know what made me for the first time tonight, listen to what she would say.

"No it's okay. Thank you for taking me home tonight." She says. "Have a goodnight." She tells us.

"Goodnight." We both tell her in unison.

We next see her walk up to her apartment complex then after she walks inside, I get back in the front seat and we start heading to our place.

"That sucks what happened to her tonight." I mention.

"Yeah it does. Apparently the fucker broke through her window then yanked her out of her car, stole her purse that had everything in there including her cell phone. She said her car battery had died and the Uber driver I guess who was supposed to pick her up before the thief came and robbed her, didn't show up." He says.

"Huh." Was all I said as I started to think about somebody hurting her. Wait, why the hell am I caring?

Maybe it's just that I'm not thinking straight or clearly because I'm not this nice. Yeah, that's it. That's the reason, I'm just tired.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)