Chapter 4

A/N

SO.... Once every month didn't happen but what about once every two months. Better than 7 years right?

To be honest I could have stuck with the timeline if the whole COVID thing did not throw all the wrenches into all my plans. But, I am avoiding my summaries by writing this, so I hope you enjoy this next chapter. Looks like I'll be unemployed come May so uploads will likely be more frequent unless someone wants to give me a lead on a job.

*2016*

"Aaaaaa" I heard my best friend shreik "Braedon let go of me!" 

"Not until you tell me you love me" Braedon said, drawing out the o. We were sitting in my room, and Braedon has just stolen my best friend Katie's last nacho. Katie saved her favourite food, or the best piece for last, and so she was understandably pissed.

"No, I don't, not anymore, you know I was saving that!" She said, showing her boyfriend she was genuinely angry at him.

"Come on, please! I thought you were done" he said and the glare she sent his way chilled me to my core.

"No, don't you fucking try that with me Mr. You know I save the best pieces for last. And if you don't we have another problem because we've been together for three years and that's a quirk that's very easy to pick up on" she said, standing up and marching towards him. I actually thought I saw him gulp. "So, you thought, knowing me, that the beautiful final nacho, perfectly covered in cheese, red peppers, red onions, a jalapeño, and refried beans without being soggy was something I would just leave on the plate?" Now she was yelling again.

He gulped again "No." he said, looking genuinely a bit afraid.

"So then why did you take it" she screamed. Okay, now was when I needed to step in. I walked up behind her and went "Katie! Come on, shots!" and pulled her out of the room. Braedon mouthed thank you to me and followed us out. We walked to the kitchen where my roommate was standing with a lot of our friends. The music was louder out here and we'd already had a few drinks so far, but taken a break to finish our makeup and eat some dinner. We may be done our first round of exams in university but that didn't mean we wanted to wake up feeling terrible tomorrow. Besides, we had plans to get breakfast together as a group and this time, unlike every other weekend, we were going to make those plans.

"Shots!" I yelled at my roommate Amanda. She nodded and handed me my bottle of vodka. I grabbed some solo cup shot glasses and poured one for me, Katie and Braedon.

"To finishing one eighth of our education!" I screamed and we cheersed. The vodka didn't burn much while it went down because I still had a good buzz. 

"Alice, come play flip cup!" My friend Ann yelled as she grabbed my arm. I grabbed my bottle of vodka to bring and snatched a can of diet coke on the way to the table.

I didn't know the other two people on our team, but we were facing off against Shane and three people I did not even notice.

"Alice" he said and smirked.

"We're going to crush you" I said and winked at him. I poured some vodka into my cup and some coke and then started yelling "Oh lay, oh lay oh lay oh lay" and we were off.

***

"Cabs here!" Nancy screamed from the front door. I broke away from Shane in my room where we'd gotten a bit too carried away.

"Guess we should pause" he said and I nodded. I grabbed my shirt off the floor, the only article of clothing we'd managed to remove before having to leave. I had on high waisted skin tight jeans and a crop top. I looked better than I had in a month because the stress and pressure of finals was no longer weighing me down.