Chapter 38: Drink You Away

Jonah's POV

I opened the front door and dragged myself in. I threw my keys on the kitchen table and threw my bag on the floor. I walked into the living room and found my dad passed out on the couch. I slowly walked up the stairs stumbling around a bit. It was a bit blurry and the stairs looked like they were moving. As I came to the top of the stairs, I tripped on the last one. I stumbled into the hallway and ran into the door to my moms bedroom.

I knocked on the door and slowly opened it. She was standing by her dresser holding the phone in both her hands. They were shaking. She slowly looked at me and then a tear rolled down her cheek. She leaped towards me and I held her in my arms.

"I was worried sick about you." She hugged me tightly. "Where have you been? Do you know what time it is?" She stopped and looked up at me. She stared at my eyes. "Are you drunk?" She pulled away from me, apalled.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom," I groaned. "I'm right here. I'm fine."

She crossed her arms in front of herslef. "It's almost one in the morning. Where have you been? I was just about to call the cops."

I leaned against the wall, afraid I would fall over at any minute. "I was at Ethan's house." I rubbed my head as a headache started to come on. "I went to his house after..." I stopped. I had completely forgotten, until now. My chest hurt so much. It was like my heart had been wripped out and stepped on then only half of it had been placed back inside of me. It was like Felicia ran off with the other half when she left the school.

I sunk down against the wall and held my head in my hands and I felt my mom start to rub my back. "Jonah," she said, confused. "What happened?"

I shook my head and rubbed the tears away. "Felicia left me. She's done. She doesn't want anything to do with me and that's it. She doesn't want to talk to me ever again and it's all my fault."

She hugged me and I cried into her shoulder like I used to when I was younger. It had just hit me how much this hurt. How much I needed Felicia, but now I couldn't have her.

"I'm sure it's not your fault Jonah. Just calm down and think about this. I'm sure there was just some sort of misundersta-"

I stopped her before she could finish. "I kissed Isabella and Felicia saw. We had been in a fight and I told her I loved her. She just walked away from me without saying anything. I was so upset and I was hanging out with Isabella. It just reminded me of when I was with her. I don't even know why I did it. I just did, but I love Felicia. Now she's gone," I sobbed. I just wanted this all to end.

I stood up and ran to my room. I slammed the door behind me and layed on my bed with my face pushed into my pillow.

When I woke up two hours later I had a huge headache. I pulled myself out of my bed and dragged myself downstairs. I stumbled as I came around the corner. I ran into the wall a little bit and that just made my head hurt even more.

I took a glass from the cabinet and filled it with water. I then walked to the bathroom that was down the hall to look through the medicine cabinet. I took the Advil out of the cabinet and screwed the cap off. I shook the two little pills into my hand. I put them in my mouth and took a sip of water.

As I was about to put the cap back on the container when I saw that it was empty. I tossed them both in the trash can under the sink, but before I closed the door to the cabinet I noticed something.

I pulled the trash can out so it was in the light. I was shocked. I was confused. What did this mean? Whose was it? No one had been here other than my mom and dad, and it was definitely not my dad's.