Chapter 1

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favour fire.

.The sun reflected from the perfect waves, creating glorious diamonds in the sea. The sea was a deep blue where the waves were a pure white which complimented the golden sand which slithered through the gaps of Annalise’s feet. The scene before her was beautiful; she couldn’t believe her luck that she was given the chance to live and grow up here. Girls giggled as they ran pass her, getting chased by a group of boys with water pistols, the act couldn’t stop a smile finding her pale lips. Anna didn’t see herself as anything special nor did she see herself possible of finding love. In fact, love was something that scared her. She was turning 17 next month, and she had yet to have a boyfriend. Her Mom said it was completely normal, and that the teenage years was the time to be reckless and have fun. Although Anna saw sense in her Mothers words, she still felt like a freak within her friendship group, not to mention her school. There must be someone out there for me A tiny whisper spoke to her as she continued to watch the girls that got drenched from the water pistols the boys were using; a tinge of jealousy ran through her veins before she shook it off with a huff. Leaving her flip flops where she was sitting, she paddled in the sea, cooling off before she thought it was time to go home. 

Her Mother was sitting at the dining room table, cradling her face within delicate hands which were shaking uncontrollably. It was a scene which hardly ever happened. Her Mother was like Anna, in a sense, she acted a lot younger than her age, which Annalise adored. Every other Mom was strict and never truly knew what went on in their children’s heads, but this woman, this woman was different and Anna truly loved her.

“Mom, what’s wrong?” Anna spoke softly, taking the seat beside her Mother.

“Its fine, don’t worry” Her Mother simply replied.

“I’m not stupid, just tell me”

There was an awkward silence between the air, something which rarely occurred unless something major had come up.

“There are so many things I haven’t told you, mainly for your own safety” Sara responded softly, the image of Blackwell continued to haunt her memories; how she escaped she never knew. 

“What are you talking about, Mom?”  Deep inside her gut, Anna knew it wasn’t good.

After a few deep breaths, her Mother eventually spoke. “You have two, half brothers Anna. Jake and Nick.”

Silence.

“Nick is badly injured, I want to go see him, but... they are under the impression that I am dead” Sara sighed deeply which made Anna take hold of her Mother’s hand.

“Why? Why do they think that?”

“I cannot tell you that, you need to discover this for yourself, you need to truly find out who you are”

Who I am? I’m Anna. A typical teenage girl Anna thought to herself softly, definitely not understanding what her Mother was going on about.

“Anna, I need you to go and see Nick. They don’t know about you, so please, take this necklace with you” Sara handed her daughter a delicate necklace, the charm hanging from the chain being a deep turquoise; a colour which resembled Sara Armstrong.

Annalise clutched hold of the necklace tightly, holding it too her chest before slipping it around her neck, feeling the cold touch her delicate skin before she placed her hand back round her Mothers. There were so many questions Anna wanted to her Mom but if there was one thing they both had in common and that was her stubbornness.  Sara would not tell Anna the rest, and Anna knew better than to ask. This was a quest in which she had to take on herself.