139. Donnie X Female!WolfMutant!Reader

Requested by Squishy_2003

Last week's incident revolving a group of mutant mosquitoes ambushing the arcade, left most of the staff neutral to their new mutant appearance. (Y/N) was one of the few that didn't let those bugs ruin her day. And besides, she put a lot of effort into the preparations for the dance party specializing towards the rhythm game genre. However, her ears lowered after hearing the last minute change of plans from her manager.

"Since those weird bugs turned all the staff into animal like mutants,"

"The buddy system stays, so pair up with a fellow colleague or if you're that desperate, find another mutant for the costume party as your partner." The moose mutant said as he left towards the employees only room.

After closing time, (Y/N) rushed to the Run of the Mill Pizzeria, hoping the place didn't closed for the night. A sudden gush of wind flew the pamphlet right out of (Y/N)'s hands. The piece of paper landed directly on Donnie's face causing the turtle to drop the pizza boxes out of his arms. (Y/N) caught the packages as she uttered a quick sorry while Donnie double checked the pamphlet once more. 

"Wait, are you hosting this party?" Donnie asked now curious about the event.

"Kind of, I helped out with arranging it."

"My boss including some of the staff were on edge because a group of green and pink bugs changed their appearances."

"The event was almost canceled if I didn't step in with my suggestion."

 "Changing it to a costume party to ease the bad vibes."

"(F/N) told me this pizzeria is the best place for asking help on such short notice and..."

"Please tell me that the place is still open." (Y/N) said as she gave back the stack of pizzas to Donnie.

"It just closed after I left." Donnie said as (Y/N) grumbled.

"I was looking forward to defeat BS9's high score in DDR!"

"And I really don't want to be stuck on cash register duty..." (Y/N) sighed as Donnie blinked noticing her name tag mimicking the three letters on the scoreboard.

"Huh, so you're the (Nickname) who's name remained in the top five for the past few weeks."

"My brothers still couldn't beat your fifth rank though, they're still in the top ten rankings."

"And not to brag but, spoilers I'm the BS9." Donnie confidently said as (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"Not that I'm doubting you but, I hardly see you around the arcade I work at." (Y/N) said as Donnie shrugged while his battle shell carried the pizza boxes.

"You haven't heard of online servers and besides, don't worry about it."

"My brothers and I will check out the arcade party tomorrow." Donnie said as he texted his brothers about the news.

The next day at the arcade near 5 pm...

After (Y/N) got to know the rest of the turtles, they tried most of the unique variety of rhythm games for a few hours. During the DDR session, the normal difficulty acted as a warm up session for the first thirty minutes. The guys were amazed that (Y/N) scored a Marvelous Full Combo throughout each song.

"Hey guys, how about a small competition with this song?" (Y/N) asked as she tapped the arrows while the screen displayed the song with Donnie's high score to the side.

"If I win, Donnie has to explain the initials of BS9." (Y/N) said as Donnie felt a sweatdrop off his purple bandana while the trio agreed to the idea.

7 pm...

Raph lost to the sudden offbeat arrows while Leo was defeated by losing the full combo, missing a step moments before the song ended. (Y/N) kept her focus on the game only listening to Mikey hinting about the BS9 name. At the end of the song, she won but still deep in thought about something else during the short fifteen minute break.

"(Y/N), you sure you don't need an extra 15 minutes?" Donnie asked as her ears point up by his comment.

"I'm fine but, thanks for the slight concern."

"Although, I might take a brief break on these types of games once the party's over."

"There were a couple of songs I hate, now that I have a sharper sense of hearing."

"So there was another reason why I didn't use the random option to choose the songs." (Y/N) said as she got out of her seat heading back to the gaming area.

Halfway into the song, both (Y/N) and Donnie concentrated on the neon arrows with every word lighting up with a PERFECT as the trio looked back and forth at the nearly even scores. When the screen switched to a dark background, (Y/N) nearly tripped with a tiny bit of blush on her face. Seeing him freestyle some of the arrows into a dance vibing to the beat of the song. She swiftly shook her head as the turtle noticed her flustered expression.

"You nearly slipped up on the full combo..." Donnie said sending a smirk at her as she held onto the metal bar behind her.

"Worry more about your score than me!" (Y/N) said recovering from the slight misstep as the song ends.

"Whoa, its a tie!" Mikey shouted pointing at the screen with the even perfect score between the two players.

"But, not towards the most greats, which in this case,"

"(Y/N) won the mini ddr competition." Leo said as (Y/N)'s eyes sparkled at the ten point difference as Donnie sighed in defeat.

"Since the final round ended in a tie, its only fair I reveal half of the meaning regarding BS9 initials."

"However, all I can say is that, dancing is my second favorite thing aside from science." Donnie said as (Y/N) giggled.

"I never expected the science guy to be full of surprises."

"And a bit cute too..." (Y/N) said as Donnie started to blush just as the moose manager called up her name from the PA speakers.

(Y/N) hastily wrote her number on a piece of paper, giving it to Donnie as she does the 'call me' gesture with her phone before running off.

Donnie's blush deepened as he shields his ears from his brothers' lively cheers.

________________________________

Edited July 26, 2020

Hopefully I filled the dancing part because it took three revisions for this particular oneshot

Anyway leave comments or criticisms