Chapter 6

AN: So I've had some people confused and asking about the half-blood turning sixteen prophecy. It won't apply to Nico because he's already turned sixteen, and he turned in a world outside of this one. And the prophecy is activated when they actually turn sixteen, if you know what I mean. So it won't depend on him, it'll still depend on Percy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

That night was Capture the Flag. Nico decided not to join in even before Chiron asked him not to. They both knew it was best. Chiron knew PTSD when he saw it.

The campers and hunters were gathered around. Nico stood by Chiron as he began to start the game, his dark eyes surveying those in front of him. Some would be ghost stories soon. Some would be his to protect whenever they made it to his domain. He could still feel the energies of those he saved in the old world, the broken world, knew they were still under his protection, knew he'd never let anything hurt them.

They were energies, they weren't matter, and maybe that's why they weren't showing up as spirits as they used to do back then. Maybe this was the only way they could exist now. Either way, he promised himself that they'd never feel pain again.

Chiron stomped his foot on the ground, silencing the talk amongst those waiting to participate.

"Heroes!" he yelled. "You know the rules! The creek is the boundary line. Blue team- Camp Half-Blood- shall take the west woods. Hunters of Artemis- red team- shall take the east woods. Nico and I will serve as referees and battlefield medics."

Nico frowned. That was not what he signed up for.

"No intentional maiming, please!" Chiron continued. "All magic items are allowed. To your positions!"

The campers and hunters ran off to get situated. Nico looked up at Chiron, frowned even more when he saw the old centaur was smiling. "Why'd you do that?"

"Are you not capable of what I've assigned you?" Chiron asked.

"No, that's not what I..." Nico sighed. "I'm not a medic. Nobody wants me healing them."

"And why is that, Mr. di Angelo?" Chiron asked. Something about the question made Nico freeze where he stood. Chiron had already started to put his godly parent together.

Nico cleared his throat. "I'm a soldier, not a medic. I harm, don't heal. Nothing about me screams a gentle touch."

"Some wounds aren't healed with a gentle touch, but the gruesome ways of surgery and knives. Needles. Medical instruments that are anything but gentle." Chiron put a hand on his shoulder. "Your ways may be anything but gentle, but you need to see that they can still save people. They can still be good. No soldier is an angel."

"You really believe that?" Nico asked.

Chiron nodded. "I do. And it's about time that you do, as well. Now, come. Let's get this game started."

He trotted off, leaving Nico with nothing to do but reluctantly follow. Chiron was Chiron, after all. A trusted mentor. A friend. One of the most respected people in Nico's mind. And he was going to study under him as much as possible, now that he had the chance to.

Nico watched the game with Chiron, his eyes never missing anything. But it was just as he remembered, and before long, Zoe was dashing across the creek with the flag.

"The Hunters win!" Chiron announced. He turned and muttered to Nico. "For the fifty-sixth time in a row."

"Percy Jackson!" Thalia's angry shout broke through the gathered demigods. "What in the name of the gods were you thinking?!"

Death's ReasonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara