I FOUND MY 14 YEAR OLD STEPDaughter NAKED IN MY 10 YEAR OLD SONS BED

Teenage Stepchildren

I am so distraught by the whole thing and simply dont know how to handle it.

I have a 14 year old stepson who has been living with us from this year..although I see him as my own, he always make me feel uncomfortable cause I cannot read him. He lies a lot (master at it), is sometimes dilutional and does not show emotion. He acts like an 8 year old around us, but when he goes home to Durban, he is a teenager (judging from the messages on his phone). Overall he is a nice child to have around. He likes playing with little children, to the extend that we had to tell him to start socialising with his own age.

A couple of months ago, my sister-in-law refused to send her 9 year old daughter to our place, apparently something happened with her and our son...I thought she was overreacting. Then, recently, we had friends over with children between 4 and 7 of age. He played with the kids in one of the rooms and all of a sudden they came downstairs to show us the money he paid them...apparently they had to message him..we were so embarrassed and my husband flipped. Still we did not think that much about it.

Last night, I went into my 10 year old's room. He has been sleeping for about 3 hours then. I heard him tossing and turning and when I turned around I saw my stepson was lying with him in the bed. I immediately felt like something was wrong. When I asked him what he was doing there, he kept quiet and had a very funny expression on his face. My son was half asleep, but woke up because he also could not understand why my stepson is in his bed. When I lifted the blankets, both of them were naked. My 10 year old was very surprised to find his short was taken off. This boy took of my sons shorts while he was sleeping (and he is a deep sleeper) and got into bed with him stark naked. Luckily i got into the room just as he got into the bed.

I feel sick in my stomach, I cannot look at this child, yet I feel very sorry for him and his mother. My husband decided he does not want him in the house and he has to go back to his mother.

I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do. I feel as if we would be feeding him to the wolves, cause he had to pick these things up in the area where he grew up. On the other hand, my sons safety comes first. I cannot afford to have him psychologically messed up and traumatised. Also, how do we know that his cousins and our friends' children are safe around him.

I need advise as to how to handle the situation.