Chapter 4

[Lisa]

'Because you have a fucking amnesia!!'

Jisoo's words kept on repeating in my head. I have an amnesia? How come? Why do I remember them all aside from Jennie?

I was so desperate at looking for the answers to my question.

I looked at Jennie's room. Should I ask her? No. She's probably mad at me right now.

I ran down stairs to chase Jisoo but she's so fast. Great! Now I have no one to care for me.

"Lisa..." it's my mom.

"Mom..." I uttered. Should I ask her?

"I heard that you and Jisoo were yelling at each other earlier" she said nonchalantly.

"Mom... is it true?" I asked. "Is it true that I have an amnesia?" I continued.

"Follow me..." she said and lead our way to the garden where there is a mini archery we used to play when I was still a kid.

"Remember when you were a kid? You used to play here when you are sad. You can always play here, Lisa. It always calms you down" mom said as she hands me one bow and gets another for herself. She started shooting arrows and I must say, she's good at this.

I also started to play and waited for her to tell me more stories.

"It was in 2017, you and Jennie were already married for a year" mom said which made me look at her. So is it true? Jennie is my wife?

"One day, a news breaks in saying that both of you were spotted in a Fetility Centre. I don't know why. Only you and Jennie knows" she added. Fertility centre? Isn't it for couples who are desperate to have a child? But I have a -- you know-- did we ever had a problem in having a child?

I remained silent as I was still waiting for my mom to continue. We both focused in archery but my mind flies away as I try to remember everything.

"But the paps caught you, and they were so desperate that they chase you down the streets. You were the driver that time and you did not even let the security team come with you. You both broke a rule on going out with security" my mom added.

"And that's when our car crashed?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. You were young and reckless back then, Lisa. You speed up when you are driving down under a bridge which caused you to lose control and crashed your car" she answered.

I nodded as I was trying to process everything.

"You and Jennie were both in critical state. But Jennie managed to recover faster than you. You were under intensive care for a week and when you woke up, you're already a different person. You forgot all your memories of Jennie. You pushed her away which forced her to leave the palace for 3 years thinking that it would be best to give space until you are recovered. But in 3 years, nothing has changed, you still don't remember her. So when you returned, she returned too." My mom said and I was so dumbfounded in everything that I just knew.

So all along I have a wife? And I pushed her away?

I felt a pang in my chest as I tried to remember how much I caused her pain since she arrived. But she didn't bother. She stayed.

Is this why I feel that my heart beats madly every time I see her?

And when she hugged me on that first night I saw her, called me 'hon' I felt my heart raced in happiness I did not bother to show?

Is this why everytime she's near me, her scent intoxicates me in a way nobody ever did?

Is it why she reminded me of my dreams when I saw in her nighties this morning? The unknown girl I kept on dreaming of in the past 3 years?