Float

Float

Author: ToastedBagels
33 parts

*paid story*

Summary:

In order to fit in during her summer visit to a beachside town, Waverly must take swimming lessons from Blake, the moody (but gorgeous) life guard next door.

*****

Seventeen-year-old Waverly Lyons is from Alaska. She doesn't do sun. But after her divorced parents can't agree on who gets to have her for the summer, Waverly gets shipped off to Holden, Florida, to spend a couple months with her aunt, Rachel. There's one minor hiccup: Blake Hamilton, Rachel's seventeen-year-old neighbor. He's alethic, outgoing, arrogant, tan, and pretty much Waverly's exact opposite. She's eager to avoid him at all costs, hoping to fit in with the other kids in Holden without drawing too much attention to herself. But when Blake discovers that Waverly has been hiding the rather embarrassing secret that she can't swim, he does the unthinkable: He offers to teach her.

~~~

Let me tell y'all, this book had me rolling. Everything was so funny to me for some reason and I found myself having to cover my face so I wouldn't wake my house up 😂. I read this book a few years ago and it's even apart of my honorable mentions list at the end of my first recommendation book. I must admit, it is a little cheesy and cliche, but sometimes I like cliche and this is one of those times.

🙂~ liked [ ]
😃~ enjoyed [•]
😍~ loved [ ]