30. The Fallen Rose

Chapter thirty:

Sebastian couldn't stop admiring the tattoo that was now etched on his wrist. It had only been a few hours and he was already over his head with the Wolf that now was on his hand. But it would always be there--a proof that he had finally found the love of his life who had accepted him for who he was and loved him just the same. He was over the moon.

"The mark on my palm has healed," he thought out loud. He remembered how the wound on Cyra's palms remained after she took the oaths of becoming Alpha.

"Only wounds from oaths remain. This is more of a... proclamation," she told him. She shut the door behind her and a slow smile spread across her face. Today had gone smoothly; she was worried that Sebastian would probably freak out since it had all happened in the spur of the moment. And the Elders not being able to come down but her mother had handled it calmly enough.

Standing beside him still looking so mesmerised over the tattoo, she brought her own hand up and saw the black and red ink. Her tattoo had a tribal pattern that looked so similar to her Mate's.

It's beautiful. She heard his voice in her head and she smiled.

"Yes," she softly said and took his hand in hers and stood up on her toes to kiss him.

I've never seen anything like this before. He was abuzz with all the emotions burning inside him. Every touch from her felt more electric and the delicious warmth that spread through him that set his body feeling more alive than he ever did before. Talking to her like this, in her mind, felt so intimate, so private. In that moment, he doubted he'd ever use words with her again.

"That's because not everybody performs this. They don't have to. But my family likes being a little extra." She rolled her eyes.

He laughed.

"I'm going to go take a shower." Standing around the entire day with so many people swarming her had her feeling icky and tired. Now all she wanted to do was clean up and sleep.

Mind if I join you? He leaned down and placed a lingering kiss on the crook of her neck where his bite had already faded with only two puncture marks in its wake. He watched in satisfaction as she shuddered in pleasure and nodded her head. Without waiting for him to respond, she quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shower with her.

*

"These are the last boxes." Leonel huffed when he saw his sister leaning against the wall and watched him carry all their things for her. Sebastian walked behind him with another carton box in his hand.

"Thank you. You can go now, we will take it from here," she nodded at her brother.

"Aw, why? I can put everything in place for you while you just stand there and look out the window," he snapped.

"Get out," she rolled her eyes. "Thanks." She hugged him nevertheless; Leo was a good brother.

"I WAS thinking, maybe we can keep that room on the ground floor for Rosa," Cyra sat on the kitchen counter taking a swig of the beer.

"That sounds great."

It had only taken them a little more than an hour to arrange everything in their new house seeing that neither of them had a lot of things.

"Oh, one more thing," Cyra remembered. "My mom is picking out the furniture for us."

"You sure that's alright? I don't want to trouble her." He threw his now empty bottle in the bin.

"She'll be more pissed if we don't let her do it. She loves furniture shopping," she said remembering so many overflowing showpiece items her mother had at her house.