Prologue:

"What is our code, Tatiana?"

The eight-year-old girl winced at how harsh and loud her father's voice was.

Being born into a family of supernatural hunters has always been difficult for young Tatiana, especially since her father is the Head of the New York Hunters. A lot is expected. A lot is demanded. But no one gave a care about what the little girl truly wanted.

Silver Hunter II is an imperious man who expects nothing but perfection and demands greatness, especially towards his daughter.

"Tatiana!"

She just finished her training, which lasted for hours. The expectations and pressure were too much for the eight-year-old girl, but she wanted nothing more than to make her father proud.

"What is our code?!"

The Hunter's Code is a code of honour and morality that all organised and interconnected hunters are to follow when tracking supernatural creatures. Hunters symbolise their dedication to the code by forging a silver bullet.

"Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent. We hunt those who hunt us. " Tatiana spoke the code in a firm and loud voice.

"Good girl. Now recite to me the rules of the code. " Silver Hunter II slowly paced around as he kept his eyes on his daughter, observing her.

"Hunters only kill shapeshifters whose harm to innocent people has been proven."

"Hunters are only to kill adults, never the young ones."

"Hunters are not to hunt or kill humans."

"Hunters who are bitten or scratched, turning into shapeshifters, are to take their own life."

The young girl memorized the hunter's code like the back of her hands ever since she learned how to talk. It was engraved in her mind by her strict father.

"Good. And any hunters who break the code are designated as criminals and are declared enemies to the hunter's cause. Remember that, Tatiana."

"I will, Dad. I promise that I will make you proud of me. "

***

Happy Reading ❣️

-Ara