~Chapter 1~

Hanna's POV

.

As I watched the sun set from my window, everything began to hit me. This would be my last day in Sydney, Australia. My birthplace and hometown. The city where I'll be leaving behind my only three best friends. This sunset will probably the last sunset I'll ever see in Sydney for a long time.

I'm going to miss Sydney. And by miss, I mean I'm going to miss it A LOT. I have so many memories here. Most of them are with my best friend Alexa that I've been with for a few years now. She's helped me through so many things in life, and I know I'm going to miss her the most. Alexa came to visit me a few hours ago and to help me pack a few last minute things that I'll be taking with me to London. In the morning, she'll go with my family and I to the airport, and that's probably going to be the last time I'll see her for a while. I know my parents are going to force me to stay in London and continue my education there until I graduate from university, but I'm still going to try my best to keep in contact with her.

My other two best friends are Ashton and Luke. I love them both and will miss them so much. Luke has this major crush on Alexa, and I really wanted to see what would happen between them. Alexa does have feelings for him too, but Luke's too much of a scaredy-cat to ask her out. I really need them to be together, they're my OTP. Oh no, that's my inner fangirl becoming visible! Sorry about that, I'm a teenage girl with a severe case of fangirlism. But, anyways! Ashton is pretty hot and loud, but he's more of the player kind of guy. He has a new girlfriend (more like, a new "pop and drop" chick) every week. Luke and Ashton have this new band going on now. It's a "punk rock" band and I really hope they'll get discovered. I've been to a few of their rehearsals, and they sound amazing! That might even be an understatement. Luke, Ashton, and their other two bandmates Calum and Michael decided to call themselves "5 Seconds of Summer," and I really love the name.

Luke has blondish-brown hair in a somewhat quiff and a really hot lip ring. Don't worry, I don't like him--he's all Alexa's. Even though having a lip piercing might sound kind of tough and rockstar-ish, but he's the total opposite. He's quiet and pretty cool to hangout with. Ashton has shaggy brown hair that he ALWAYS wraps something around. Most of the time, it's a bandana. I bought him a red one 3 months ago as a good luck charm right before his first gig that he wears at every show now. I don't really talk to Michael and Calum, so I don't know much about them yet.

Anyways, I don't understand why my family couldn't stay in Sydney. I know England can provide better jobs to improve our financial situation, but I don't think they understand how much this change could effect our lives. Moving to another continent on the other side of the world is a huge change to adjust to. A new neighborhood, a new school, new friends and possibly enemies are just the least of what my family will have to get used to.

Enough talk about my friends though. My name is Hanna Smith, I am 14 years old and I love my family and to play basketball and football (American soccer). That sounds so basic, but it's true. Trust me, I'm not the perfectly flawless girl who's so popular and rich. I'm just plain, old Hanna. I love supporting my family by working in local stores after school to make a bit of extra money. My family has spent most of our lives in poverty, which is pretty hard with multiple mouths to feed. I have two sisters, Natalie and Jessica. Natalie is 10, while Jessica is 4. I love them so much, but sometimes they could be such pains in the arses. Natalie is so obsessed with this boyband called "One Direction" like every other preteen and teenage girl in the world right now, also including me. They're so adorable, how could you not love them?

Well, now that you know a bit about me, I'll continue doing some last minute packing and go to sleep to prepare for a long flight. A long flight separating me from my hometown, friends, basically my entire childhood. A long flight beginning my new journey of life.

Author's Note
Hey guys! Did you like my first chapter so far? I'm so sorry it took me so long to update, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to update this story more often on the weekends. Life has been such a rollercoaster these past few months. I've been so busy with school and studying and all. I thought starting this book would help me improve my writing skills, so you're welcome to give feedback any time you'd like. Even though midterms are coming up, I'll try to update every week for my readers. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more! :)

~H.G.