• [8] Mannequin Skywalked

Someone must've found a radio - one that worked - and turned it on. Because after I collected all the necessities, Hot In Here started playing.
I threw my head back with laughter and slid down the escalator, sliding between the two railings.

The four of the others were already down there dancing. I ran to the corner and got a bike, flinging the bell as I rode past them.

"Wait- wait!" Alex yelled.
We all stopped and I slowed my bike to a halt.
There was a mannequin there with a lightsaber and a black hood.
Alex points to it, "Mannequin Skywalker...."

I choke on saliva and start laughing. Who is this kid?
"Alex.." Zhenzhen sighs.

"Man, if you don't..." Dariush pauses. "No, you know what? That was... that shit was kinda funny... gimme sum'" they dap each other up.

"Let's go!" I stress, riding in front of them.

As we all ride out of the mall, Alex and I stop abruptly. We must be seeing the same thing. The same car.

"Come on, man, don't tell me we have to teach you again?" Dariush complains.

"1973 Ford Mustang-" i start, but am cut off as Alex finishes my sentence with me.

"-Mach One," we both sighs dreamily.
"My dad has one just like it..." Alex says.

It's in perfect condition!

"That mustang doesn't have any computers, or anything that can be fried by the pulse, right?" Gabe asks.

I nod, too stunned to say anything.
"Right," Alex clarifies.

I drop my bike and run to the car, the others hot on my heels.
"I'm driving!" Alex yells. I sigh out of guilt and nod. His dad has one just like this, so it's the least I can do.

I slide in the backseat between Dariush and Gabe, Zhenzhen and Alex in the front.

"Let's go!" I yell excitedly.

"Hit it, Alex!"

"Start this shit up!"

Alex looks down and frowns, "Oh..."

"What?" I ask, anxiety filling my gut.

"I can't drive a stick..." he swaps seats with Zhenzhen, who immediately starts this shit up.

I whoop in excitement. Gabes hand is hanging over my shoulder.
As we do a few doughnuts and get on the road, Straight Outta Compton plays.

"Ooooh shit!" I yell excitedly. "I fucking love this song!"

We all bop our heads as I rap along with Ice Cube.
"Straight Outta Compton! Crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube! From a gang called Fuck with the attitudes!
"When I'm called off, I got a sawed off! Squeeze the trigger and bodies are hauled off!" I point with my fingers in a gun shape.

"You too, boy, if you wanna fuck with me, the police are gonna have to come and get me! Off your ass, that's how I'm going out for the punk motherfucker that's showing out!"
I continue to rap the lyrics, the others bopping their heaps in delight.

"So give it up smooth, ain't no tellin' when I'm down for-" I stop. "FUCK!"
The alien looking ass thing suddenly jumps on the hood of the car, right in front of the screen.
With all of us screaming, it slams it head on the windscreen, cracking it. The second time it does it, the screen smashes.
"Oh shit!" Gabriel yells, stretching his body so it's in front of me.
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck," I mumble.

"It's on the roof!" Dariush yells.

The aliens hand slams down into the roof, braking through as if it was water.
We scream louder.

"Hang on!" Zhenzhen yells. She swerves the car like a drunk driver, smashing into... something... I don't know what it was. I was too focused on the hands above me, seconds away from stretching the roof open and making us its meal.

Luckily, the smashing impact of whatever we ran into took the alien with it. We driving across a concrete bridge, looking around frantically.
"Where is it!?" Alex yells.

We are silent for a few seconds, before I laugh. In relief. And horror. And happiness.
I hug both Gabriel and Dariush at the same time, both of them laughing too as they sink into my embrace.

"It's gone!" Zhenzhen squeals excitedly.

"Ye-"

The back window smashes open just above my head.
Shit.