Chapter 16(Edited)

******************************
Chloe's POV

After Ryan had gotten the call, he had looked very distracted. I understood from Ryan's reaction when he looked at the caller ID, that had said 'Dad', he looked like as if his father was the last person he wanted to talk with. I did not assess much about it because if he wanted me to know anything about it he would have told me himself. If he wanted his space, I will give it to him happily.

As I walked towards my home, I started to think about our kiss. It was my first kiss and he  was my first. We didn't even get to talk about it because of the interruption. I really wanted to ask him about the kiss.

As I reached home, I heard shouting and swearing. I didn't even have to wonder about who it could be, I knew who they were.

Welcome to my world. In my world all you would get to see is my parents shouting at each other. My father had left us for an another woman and he had two children with her. It turned out that she was a gold digger and all she wanted was his money. So, after he found this out he couldn't stay with her and their children. He returned to us, but my mom just couldn't be alright with the fact that my dad had another family and I completely support her because my dad is a fool. The ones who suffered the most from this was the children. I don't where my step siblings are but I hope that they are happy. They visit us at weekends and during all those weekends my grandmother suddenly gets sick. Even I feel sick at times but it was not their fault either.

As I listen to their fight I got to know that Rye and her children Mac and Allie are coming. These people are my father's second family.

But it was not even weekend so why are they coming? I listen to my mom telling -or more like shouting- at dad.

"Come on Thomas, I wasn't ready so wasn't Chloe". Yep, every time my mom goes I, too, go with her to grandmother's house, even though I had no problem staying here. I hear them coming to the door so I quickly ascend the stairs and reach my room. I lock the door behind me.

As expected, I hear a knock on my door and I open it.

"Hey sweetie, so me and dad were talking to each other about something". Yeah right, more like shouting at each other. They don't like me hearing them fight as they think that it would be a bad influence on me.

"So you see, your dad's....other family is visiting us tomorrow and we would be welcoming them to our new house. So you don't have any problem with that, do you sweetie?", my mom asks rather awkwardly. I understand that it's a bit awkward for her, but I don't have any problem with it.

"No problem mom, anything for you." My relationship with my mom is very strong, while with my dad..... well, it isn't the best one out there. I smile reassuringly at her. I look at my dad standing in the doorway and I freeze. He looked hurt by my reaction but did not push it. I swiftly turn away and look at my mom.

"I will take a leave from school tomorrow and help with the chores. It's a long time since we had our mother-daughter time. How's the idea?"

She smiles for the first time today and replies.

"Sure, why not? As it is, it's always only us both together."

Ouch! I look at my dad for his reaction, but he just leaves the room. I feel a bit relaxed, because he really caused both of us a great deal of pain. 

It was their anniversary when he told us everything and the I still remember the broken, pained face of my mom and the tears which stained her smooth cheeks. I will never ever forget the pain nor forgive dad for the pain that he has caused us. 

My mom smiles at me and leaves the room. I quickly change and go to sleep. 

******************************
Please comment and vote the chapter. Pretty pretty pretty pleeeeease!! 
Love you and thanks for reading!