Chapter Twenty-One

Fawn sat beside her dad and smiled, grabbing his hand. "Told you you'd be ok. Ya big baby."

He huffed, "You know I don't trust no dammed doctor."

She kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry I scared you, baby girl," he said.

"I don't care. I got to see you again."

He smiled. They talked more, catching up on the years. When he asked what she was doing now our if she was in college she blushed and laughed. When she said she ran a strip club he just laughed and said, "Figured."

They were talking about how she ended up with the MC and Digger when they heard yelling from the hall. Digger burst through the doors with the nurse hot on his heels.

"I told you, you can't be in here!" She yelled.

He turned around and when he talked and he lengthened his words, "Aannnd IIII tooold yooouuuu, I don't giiiivvvve a fuuuuckkk."

"Sir, I don't like your tone," the nurse put her hands on her hips.

"Ma'am, I don't care," he said, then turned to Fawn. "We have to go."

"What? No! I'm still talking to my dad," Fawn stood up.

"Fawn, I understand you wanna stay with your Pops, but we got trouble and I'm not risking you."

"What could be so bad?" She asked.

"Fawn," his tone was serious and it put her in edge. "He was the gate."

Her face drained of all color when she realized what he was talking about. "Daddy, I have to go..."

"Are you in some sort of trouble, Doe?" He dad asked, gripping her hand tightly.

She plastered on a smile and turned toward him. "Of course not, Daddy," she kissed his cheek. "Digger and I just have to go settle some things but I'll be back to see you soon."

"He should be released on crutches in a day or two. We just want to keep him for observation," the nurse said.

Her dad kissed her cheek, "Love you, Doe. Come back soon and visit. I don't give a fuck what your momma says."

"I will, Daddy. I love too."

As soon as they left the building--ignoring her mother entirely--Fawn asked Digger what was going on. He wasn't paying attention though, he kept looking around and he was tense.

They got to the clubhouse and the gates were closed immediately. Lockdown. Prospects had glocks with them and rifles and shotguns close by. This wasn't good.

When they got in the clubhouse, Digger sat her on the couch with Trish and Sarah who was hold Cole.

"Stay there and don't move until I get out of Church."

******

"What the fuck do you mean she was raped?" Banks roared.

"Exactly what it sounds like," Digger growled. "Look, I don't fucking like the idea of it either, but it fucking happened. We can't change that."

"How?" Washington asked. How did we not hear about it? There must have been a news cast warning people about a rapist or Fawn would have told Trish and she would have told Falcon."

Everyone turned toward Falcon. He held up his hands, "Trish didn't tell me shit about Fawn being raped. I would have known if she was hiding it from me too. You can bet your asses I would have told you some shit like that."

"She probably asked everyone to keep quiet," Digger mumbled.

"Why would she do that?" Viper asked. "Fawn would have wanted the guy caught."

Digger sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Cause the night it happened I turned her down. She asked me if I wanted her and I told her no to keep her safe from me."

"Good job, jackass," Snake said.

"Alright, let's get this meeting back on track. What does that have to do with the guy at the gate and lockdown?" Banks asked.

"The guy was at the gate is the guy that raped her." He looked at Snake, "When the girls when drinking, I found him with her--didn't think anything from it. When we got back and up to my room, she told me everything. The tattoo on his neck is how she knows it's him, and that he called her Daino."

"That's Italian for doe," Hacker said. "None of this is adding up."

"Look, all I know is that he's back for some reason and he wants her. I think this is what Cory was talking about."

"Great so now we got a psycho rapist obsessed with Fawn to take care of," Hatchett said. He pulled out a hatchet and laid it on the table. "When do we hunt?"