11 • 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘹

13.4.20

a/n: ^ do you like my sketch up there? a close-up panel for a mini comic i drew, not important but it looks kinda ok to set the vibe for this chapter ig haha nvm carry on carry on

"Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you," The widowed woman cried, holding her two precious children to her chest, trembling with tears. "Thank you so much, you saved our lives."

With every sob and hiccup, the mother's voice slurred feverishly in gratitude and relief and whatever else was bleeding from her heart. Directed to the one that miraculously showed up with never-seen-before acts of heroism and had relinquished the burning hell that ate their village up- the same fire that would've killed her and her living embodiments of life if it weren't for her saviour.

"It's okay, ma'am, I just did what I could by...stopping the fire and lifting the rubble. Any real men would do what it takes."

"Oh, I doubt that." Somehow she had the nerve to chuckle and look up at him with glistening eyes wrinkling at the corners, a warm smile given to a man that could've left them for dead if he wanted to.

It was the anguishing truth- not much of a lie knowing what power he held in place of his emotions, somehow linked to the amount of times he could bend hot fiery ignition to his will.

This world was already messed up, for one, and God just decided to drag him into one of His unexplainable, illogical experiments meddling with nature and life itself. Why unleash abnormal, global societal hell on the world when you already got hell that is humanity? God's community made for His children on earth, and yet the overpopulation, pollutions, animal slaughtering, warring and suicides still aren't messy enough to make people question their generation to sate God with permanent humanitarian change.

And now this...people will just war over the chance at possessing and experimenting on their own kind like animals to get what they want in riches and fame for discovering then politicising something new- which is rather prideful and sad.

Superpowers possessed to wreak havoc like those in superhero movies, who knew this would become the new pandemic? It was far from thrilling and exciting, the evil in every supernatural fiction coming more alive than the good, heroic side of what's anticipated in the same action film.

This was reality, not a Superman arc.

Because the second thing is, he doesn't even know if what he did was right or not. Sure, saving lives matter, it's an act of heroism! But everything gives off a weird vibe, and it's making him off kilter from reality for some reason.