[]Chapter 14[]

Bruce had decided that going to a rock concert would be fun, and I'd agreed reluctantly hoping the band members wouldn't actually recognize me. I'd met them before, and they absolute loved to embarrass me. 

I didn't tell Bruce about my associations with the band because it really didn't matter too much. Whatever happened would likely happen for the best, like all things in life did, even if it didn't seem like it in the beginning. I'd learned that in my half-dead state.

The first thing I'd done once I'd learned of his plans was purchase a black t-shirt with their name tattooed all over it. I swear, I'd be nicknamed "The Fates Fangirl" for the rest of my immortal life, and I knew exactly who'd give it to me the moment he saw me. Tony.

I already had a pair of black jeans, of course, so that was no concern, and my always faithful black boots could accompany me as well. Overall I decided my outfit was creative, to say the least. Luckily the slim clothing made me look extremely - shapely. 

 Tony wasn't around, thankfully, so I didn't have to put up with his crap about my attire. I wondered if he'd found someone to talk with, someone he could tell his secrets to. I'm sure the superhero had plenty to tell.

The night wore on as I straighted my hair, applied some eyeliner and shadow, and sat around for what felt like a lifetime. The T.V. droned on in the background, but I could honestly care less about the things the very fake reporter was saying.

So, that's how I passed my few hours, until a knock on my door startled me out of the daze I'd some-what fallen into. Are any of you truly surprised that I had fallen into a stupor? You would've done the same thing. 

I jumped off of my bed and onto the plushy carpet, jogging across the room to open the door. I'd had no idea what time it was, but when Bruce's face greeted me at the door, I wasn't too surprised. In the back of my mind, I'd rather expected him.

"Hey, Ace," Bruce greeted, pulling me into a hug and popping a caramel filled chocolate in my mouth. A faint smile played on my lips at the new nickname. For some reason, he didn't seem like the kind to go around giving names to people. Maybe I was wrong, or maybe I was changing him.

"Ace?" I questioned, planting a quick kiss on his cheek as I turned off the T.V. and shut the door behind my back. The hallway was empty in front of me, sleek yet plain steel walls glinting dully. Fury needed to decorate.

A frown of disapproval flickered across his face. "It's lame, isn't it?" At this I laughed and gripped his hand in mine, dragging him down the hall behind me. I had worked myself into an excited frenzy while alone in the room, and I couldn't wait to go the concert.

"It's better than what I was thinking for you." I replied awkwardly, boots pounding lightly on the tile. I'd been given the ability to change the style of the boot by Tony, so the flat heel soon rose into something more along the stiletto shape. Maybe 7"?

"Oh, and what was that?" He caught up to me, as he had been falling behind, and enclosed my hand in his once again. I glanced at our clasped hands and I couldn't help but feel like they belonged there, in each other's company.

<><><><><>

The crowd's core temperature was likely in the hundreds, and I could feel myself beginning to burn as I gracefully dragged Bruce towards the center of the seething mass. We could probably be seen from hundreds of miles away on a thermal camera.

My hips swayed along to the song currently playing, I believed it was called Miss America, and it seemed my entire body thrummed with the rhythm. Blame it on the volume- it was blasting at a level that could probably deafen some mortals.