5- Hypnotized to Love Me

"Caleb, try and remember back. How did you feel about me before the dance?" I press. He ignores my question and lies down with his head in my lap. My heart flutters and my hand hesitates before resting it in his soft sandy blonde hair. I run my fingers through it then realize this is being counter-productive.

"Caleb, seriously. Before this happened you never even noticed me. What could possibly have changed your mind?" I sigh.

Sitting up, he gets out his phone and shows me it.

"Do you mind?" He asks.

I look at him confused as he shows me the screen that says he's now connected to my Bluetooth speaker that's sitting on the other side of my room.

"Oh, um, I guess not..." I reply slowly, caught off guard.

He fiddles around with it a bit until a song suddenly starts playing.

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

You'd be like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons come on and I sit there stunned. How did he know I like this type of music? I watch as he gets up and then stands in front of me, holding his hand out.

"May I have this dance?" He gives me a dashing smile that makes my heart melt in an instant.

I raise my own hand up slowly but he grabs it out of the blew and pulls me into him. I end up staring into his eyes, stunned. Leading me to the middle of the room, I follow in a daze.

I love you baby and if it's quite all right

I need you baby to warm the lonely nights

I love you baby, trust in me when I say

Oh pretty baby, don't bring me down I pray

Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you stay

And let me love you baby, let me love you

Grabbing my forearms, he places them each to rest around his neck as he slips his own around my waist.

"Since the Homecoming dance was ruined the other night and I never got the chance to ask you, I thought I might tonight." He starts to slowly move his feet and I mirror him.

Nervous and embarrassed, I look down as my cheeks flush. Releasing one hand from around my waist he places his hand under my chin and lifts it up until I'm forced to look into his eyes. The song slowly fades and I start to pull away but he again wraps his strong arms around me.

My love must be a kind of blind love

I can't see anyone but you

Sha bop sha bop

Are the stars out tonight

I don't know if it's cloudy or bright

I only have eyes for you dear

The Flamingos seem faint in the background as I stand there, entranced. Looking into his eyes I notice he slowly starts to lean in. Shocked, I pull back abruptly. Because I hadn't noticed how close we had gotten to my bed, I accidentally bump my heels and start to fall. Caleb tries to save me but just manages to bring himself down also. I squeeze my eyes shut and wait till the pain subsides a little bit.