13 - Fun Fair

They'd been on multiple of the mini rides, more than once as well, just getting off a railroad one for the third time, laughing their asses off. To be honest, they didn't know what time it was, but neither cared, they were having so much fun that it didn't even cross their minds.

Felix noticed Chan's gaze behind him and his eyes went sparkly. He announced that he was going to go to the bathroom quickly, and Felix waited there, tapping his feet to the beat of the carnival tunes.

Felix looked behind himself and noticed a station selling candy floss. That was what Chan was looking at, what he was attracted to.

Without hesitation, Felix went over and bought two medium sized pink fluffy candy floss sticks and went back to the place he was to wait for Chan.

When the older boy came back all Felix did was smile as he held the sweet out. Chan's eyes glistened and you could actually see the excitement in them, as if he were a child that was just told they could go to Disneyland.

"Really!" He smiled and all Felix did was nod, holding it out further. He was surprised when Chan gave him a hug, but immediately hugged him back. The blond gratefully took the candy floss with a thank you and they sat down to eat.

Felix watched the boy as he ate, yes it would have been rather creepy to some people, but Chan didn't notice and Felix just wanted to appreciate him. They sat in a comfortable silence as he watched Chan tear little pieces off and put them in his mouth, smiling at the taste as it dissolved.

Felix actually noticed how Chan kicked his legs back and fourth like a kid. His legs were too short to reach the ground as they were on stools and his last resort seemed to be excitedly swinging his legs as he ate.

It was starting to get dark, the luminous lights shining in full glory and Felix watched them with ease, finishing off his sweets.

They made small talk, but not awkward small talk, just finding out little things about each other. Like how Felix's favourite animal was a koala and how Chan usually got compared to a kangaroo by multiple people, making Felix laugh.

They went on a dropper ride and played a few of those mini game stalls, like hook a duck or shoot the right amount of water into the can.

It was completely dark out, but the fair was still bright, voluminous and neon. They'd stopped by one of the food stations to get some chicken nuggets for dinner, quickly munching on the delicious food before going back to the fair.

It was now about 11pm, not that they'd know. But something caught Chan's eye and Felix was confused. It wasn't long for him to realize Chan was leading him to another one of the mini games.

Thinking he was just playing it for the sake of playing it, he watched as Chan grew more and more concentrated, throwing the balls into the allocated sections, getting every one in perfectly. For some reason he was a lot more intensive and keen to win this one. Felix didn't know why until a little koala plushie was held in front of him.

"For you, I saw it, and after our conversation a few hours ago I had to get it for you" he smiled, holding it closer.

"For me? Really?" Felix smiled, grabbing the koala and taking a look at it.

"Yes, now come on, lets go get some popcorn and-" he gasped, making Felix take his eyes off of the koala and look at the now really excited boy who had cut himself off. Now, he was excited when they came in, but this was a whole new level.

"What?" Felix laughed as the boy jumped up and down on the spot, looking between Felix and the Ferris wheel that Felix was now looking at after realizing Chan definitely wanted to go on it.

"Come on then" Felix smiled as he led them to the popcorn station before Chan practically sprinted to the Ferris well.

Once the tickets were scanned, the two boys got on, waiting for it to start, and it wasn't that long of a wait due to the fact a lot of people had headed home as it was evidently getting late. They got about halfway to the top, conversations dying down and they looked at each other in the eye, not breaking contact.

In that moment, Felix really wanted to kiss him, and he probably would have if Chan hadn't begun speaking again.

"Thank you" he spoke quietly, kicking Felix out of his trance.

"What?" Felix spoke, still looking at the boy, watching as his face went into a small smile as he ate a singular piece of popcorn.

"Thank you for coming here with me... Lewis refused to come and I thought I wouldn't get to go, I saw this as such a good opportunity. Sorry for dragging you around" he laughed slightly, cringing at his previous actions that happened on instinct as he rubbed his neck sheepishly.

Right

Lewis

His boyfriend.

Felix sighed, he was about to kiss someone that has a boyfriend. He realized quickly that he hadn't answered the boy so he put on a presumably fake smile, but it wasn't fake, he meant every word of what he was about to say and Chan could tell.

"I wouldn't have wanted anything more to be honest. This is the most fun I've had in a while, I enjoyed getting dragged about, seeing how happy you were at all the different rides and stations. And I can't forget my favourite part" he laughed, holding up the stuffed koala Chan had won for him. Just for him.

Chan beamed once more, glad that Felix had a fun time. It was nearly midnight when they got off the Ferris wheel, realizing they should probably get back after they both simultaneously let out a yawn. They both laughed, now observing how tired they were and they began to walk back instead of getting the bus as it wasn't too far, they were just lazy before.

The trip home was about 30 minutes and it mainly consisted of Chan telling Felix about when he went to fun fairs when he was younger in Australia. He also beamed about the first time he went to that fair and Felix listened to every word, really enjoying the boys company.

Chan then asked him about his culinary course, the last 10 minutes being talked about what he did and tips for cooking.

"For ramen, you put the flavor in at the end" he finished.

"Really?"

"Yep" Felix spoke, popping the 'p'. Felix then realized they were at his apartment complex. Chan had walked him home.

"I'll see you later" Chan smiled as he began to walk off.

"Wait, it's late, you should stay here" Felix spoke, realizing that it was nearly 1am after checking his phone.

"Well technically is really early-"

"Chan" Felix smiled.

"It's fine, thanks for the offer but Lewis is probably expecting me back" Chan spoke making Felix's smile falter.

"You don't want a lift or anything" Felix continued offering, making Chan snicker.

"Felix" he put a hand on the boys shoulder, making Felix pause his ramble.

"I'll be fine, thank you again. For tonight" he smiled once more before removing his hand and walking away. Felix replied with a grin and couldn't help his shoulder from feeling tingly after Chan's hand was removed.

God he's whipped.

——————————

I know it's only been like 3 days since my last update, but I really wanted to post the other half of the fun fair trip.

Also I wrote like 4 and a half more chapters in one sitting be proud.

Anyway the  d r a m a  is coming soon so be excited for that.

Hope you enjoyed xx