FIVE

I waited by the door in my emo outfit for Bryce to get to my house

I waited by the door in my emo outfit for Bryce to get to my house. He texted me saying he was on the way ten minutes ago and Brynn told me he's basically her chauffeur. When a small silver Honda Civic pulls into the driveway, I laugh. That was not the car I was expecting him to drive, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that.

Once my hood is pulled over my head to fight the drizzle happening outside, I walk to his car. When I open the door, alternative music spills out of the car and I roll my eyes. Basic 'misunderstood boy' music. He smiles at me before practically flying out of the driveway.

"Don't worry, Maddy said she's bringing coffee" I smile at the thought of that delightful beverage before putting down my hood and looking at Bryce. My eyebrows raise at how hot he really was, maybe him and Brynn have some secret fling going on. He looks over at me with scrunched eyebrows. "Why are you looking at me weird?" He asks.

"I thought I saw pen on your face, but you're good" I explain before looking out the window. He pulls into a medium sized house and a blonde girl, Maddy, comes running out the door.

She smiles as she throws herself in the back seat before placing a coffee mug full of liquid in the cup holder.

"Just how you guys like it" She pats our shoulders before sinking into the seat and sipping on her own cup. I pick up the drink and take a sip before almost spitting it back out.

"Is there fucking vodka in this?" I look back at her with widen eyes and she grabs it from me before taking a sip as well.

"Fuck! I grabbed my dads on accident. Sorry" She smiles sheepishly before putting it back in the cup holder. I roll my eyes before going on my phone that is soon snatched out of my hand.

"What's up? Why you acting weird today?" Bryce asks with soft eyes.

"Like I said, nothing. I'm just tired" Which wasn't completely a lie, my body was used to it being an ungodly hour right now. He looks at me once more before pulling into the school. Maddy runs her fingers through my hair with a small smile.

"Did you do something different with your hair today? It looks great" I laugh and nod my head.

"I straightened it, crazy I know" She raises her eyebrows and laughs.

"What's gotten into you? Soon, you're gonna start wearing makeup to school" I laugh and roll my eyes, I wish I could. My skin felt bare and I didn't know if I loved it or hated it, I felt open to judgement without my usual clothes.

Upon walking into the school, I felt a little better. My regular clothes would've actually set me apart from everyone else. Everybody that I've seen so far is surprisingly wearing sweatpants.

"See you guys in second" Maddy parts from me and Bryce as we walk to my locker. Once we get there I pout up at Bryce, to see if it'll work.

"Will you please open my locker? I don't feel like it" He rolls his eyes but twists the combination and elbows it before it opened right up. I roll my eyes at the singular black binder in the full locker as I grab it and shut the small metal door.