Chapter 6

---Zoey Lenn's POV---

 Josh? How could I hear him and Jason couldn't? I don't understand... I was about to ask Jason but then I remembered the little Josh voice in my head tell me not to tell Jason that he was coming. I also thought if I told Jason he would think I was crazy and leave me alone out here. That was a frightening thought. We had reached a hotel a couple days ago, but didn't stay long. Now we are walking out along a deserted, old road in the middle of the night. Jason said it would be safer this way.

I know it's wierd, but I wish I could hear Josh again. He makes me feel safe and reasures me that everything will be ok. I mean he did pretty much raise me. My parents never really did anything for me, Josh did everything.

I started to think about all the times Josh took care of me when I was sick and when I was sad or upset about something, he would cheer me up some way and make it all better.... Then I was suddenly hitting the ground with a loud thump!, but the pain from the sudden blow didn't last long.

I tried getting up but Jason was crouched above me, hiding us behind a broken, rusted car.

"Hmph. Jason, Let me up." I spoke and started pushing at his larger form.

"Shh!" he hissed at me and slowly crawled around to the front of the small vehicle and cautiously look around.

He pulled back and was on top of me so fast I almost didn't see him move.    

"Zoey, don't move until I say. Do you understand?" His voice was bearly a whisper but it sounded dangerous and strong. I couldn't even bring myself to speak so I just nodded. He was really starting to worry me.

As soon as he saw me nod, he spun around and walked around the car, disappearing from my sight.

I pulled my knees to my chest and leaned against what's left of the car door. What if he wants to leave? I thought. What if he just wants me to stay here so he wouldn't have to fight me to leave? With that in mind, I got up and walked around to car searching for Jason, but what I saw startled me. I excepted to see Jason just walking or running down the dirt road but he was actually standing, well crouching, in front of 4 men. All of the men looked scarily similar with jet black, shaggy hair, tall slender bodies, and incredibly pale skin. They were also all dressed in dark suits.

One of the strangers was slightly taller than the rest and slowly turned to face me. A dark chuckle erupted from his throat.

"Well Jason, it appears that you lied to us. The girl does live and you have found her." A wide grin spread across all the men's faces at this and what looked like the leader, the taller one, stepped towards me.

Jason hissed loudly at him and began to growl. "You will not touch her, Luke, she stays with me"

"You find this wise, Brother? To stand against your own, especially when we out number you?" spoke Luke dangerously as he stared directly at Jason now.

"I am not your brother!" Jason rawred "and do not care if you and your men out number me, I will squish you like the blood sucking insects you are!"

"Ah, now that's a little inaccurate since we share similar heritage, don't you think Michael?" The man standing the farthest from Luke lowered his head slightly and took a step back when he was addressed. The small movement pulled Jason attention, along with mine, to the dark figure called Michael. As my gaze landed on him a weird feeling washed over me. It wasn't like the feeling I had with Jason in the woods. It was stronger. Much stronger.

Michael ever so slowly looked up at me as if his eyes were being pulled to me. The sudden emotion that hit me made my body jerk, and he must have felt it too, because I saw him flinch. I suddenly felt to overwhelming urge to run to him and cling to him for dear life but restrained from doing so.

Ignoring this feeling, I turned my attention back to Luke and noticed he had advanced towards me but Jason got in between us.

"I said she stays with me." He hissed and lounged at Luke, tackling him to the ground. Luke's men quickly, one running to help his leader and two race towards me, or so I thought. I braced myself for the blow but it didn't come. I looked up see Michael had tackled the other guy to the ground and was now wrestling to pin him down.

I heard a yell and saw Jason struggling with the two men on him. Luke delivered a hard blow to his jaw while the other pinned his hands behind his back disabling him from fighting. Fear, anger, and power flooded my veins and I raced to the three and punched the one holding Jason square in his jaw, which broke it and sent him flying backwards through the air. Then I turned and grabbed Luke by the throat and somehow managed to lift him off the ground.

I felt as if I was flying as I lifted him higher and higher and higher into the air. His eyes looked as if they were about to pop out of his head and his face became red from the tightness of my grip.

"Don't touch him" my voice came out so inhuman but I paid it no mind. I then throw Luke as hard as I could. He crashed into the ground what seemed like a mile away.

A sharp pain exploded through my side causing me to scream. My eyes immediately shot to Michael. He was laying on the ground screaming as the last of Luke's men buried a knife into his side. I felt wind swirling around me and an animalistic growl passed through my lips and I found myself suddenly on top of Michael's attacker. Pure rage filled me at what he's done to Michael, even though I didn't know him. It was almost like I couldn't control my body, because I pulled the guy's head back and sank my teeth into his neck. In the back of my mind, a small voice was telling me to stop. It told me that if I didn't stop now, I would kill him.

When the realization of what I was doing hit me, my gut clenched at the sudden feeling of disgust. I released the stranger immediately and back away quickly. The stench of blood was in the air, the metallic taste of it coated my mouth and dripped down my red lips. What disgusted me the most was I actually enjoyed the taste of the blood. Bowel rose in my throat as I thought about it.

A strange ripping sound pulled me from my thoughts, when I turned toward the sound, Jason had ripped the head off of his attacker, then his gaze met mine for an instant before turning to Michael.

----Jason's POV----

I looked towards Michael, wondering why he would go against Luke and his band of demons to help us.

Yes, he was my brother, but he chose them over me a long time ago, and I won't forgive him easily for what he did. He wronged me. Abandoned his own flesh and blood for those filthy animals!

But now as I look at Michael, he isn't looking at me as to ask forgiveness... But at Zoey Lenn.... And she's staring back at him.... I know that look far too well.... My sweet Maria would give me that same look before her tragic death.... It is known that in this world, it is rare to find one's soul mate... But my little brother just found his.... Right after I lost mine.