Sick of It

Adriana’s POV

“I’m so sick of it! You’re attention deficit! Never listen, you never listen!”

            My ethereal voice cleared out all the birds that were flapping about in the backyard.

“Looks like I won’t have to clean poop off of the tire swing anymore!”

                        I jumped off my bed, and danced around until I fell over and slammed my side into the nightstand.

            “OWWWW!”

            “Are you all right babes? Do you want me to come up there?”

            I winced at my slimy boyfriend’s voice. Unfortunately, being sold off when you’re seventeen comes with some consequences. I was still plotting my way out of this place. It seemed to be quite difficult when he had me on house arrest, and a kick-ass security system. His computers were tracking me because of a small chip my parents had installed in my head. They seem like fantastic people don’t they? They’re completely jolly!

            “I’ll be down in a minute Jonas!”

            I heard a very defined growl come from the kitchen. Basking in the glory of making him pissed off at me, I skipped over to my closet and threw a sweat suit on. The radio was blasting in my ears, and I heard Jonas stomping up the stairs in order to yell at me… again.

            He stopped at my doorway and said, “Turn that crap off before I come in there!”

            “Come in here, and turn it off yourself Jonsey!”

            Jonas slammed the door wide open, and threw my radio out the window. The resonating crash sounded in my ears making the steam come out.

            “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR JONAS? ARE YOU CRAZY?”

            He calmed down a little bit and said, “My name is not Jonas. It’s JJ. You better call me that from now on, or something just might happen to you.”

            “Jonas. Jonas. Jonas. Do you really think I would stop so easily?”

            Before I knew it, my hair was being pulled up and my body is thrown to the other side of the room. I coughed up some blood and smirked.

            “I see that we are resorting to being abusive now, aren’t we?”

            He walked over to me and bent down to my level. He said, “You better treat me with some respect if you know what is good for you.”

            He walked to my door and before shutting it he said, “Your boss called. You’ve been fired from your job. I need you to go out to town and find yourself a new one today. Make sure that you don’t try to run away, or–”

            “I know. Something bad might happen to me.”

            He said, “Good girl. You’re learning already.”

            I grabbed a few necessary things before jumping into my trainers. I instantly leaped out of my window and landed on my butt. I think the people next door could hear his laugh. Grumbling, I decided to ignore him, and keep walking with my dignity in hand. Stares were thrown at me from everyone else that was walking down the street. I looked at my outfit and saw that I was still wearing my sweat suit. I ran back to the house and changed into a more decent outfit.