Part Four

I was laying in a puddle of my own blood. I had decided blood is better then vomit though.

Vomit smells worse and felt nastier when my face fell into it. At least with blood I could pretend it was water.

My head was slumped and my body limp as I laid motionless on the ground.

The sound of the hunters boots clumping against stone had me peeking through my eyelids to the source.

"I thought you said you drugged her." A voice yelled from the mouth of the cave.

"We did." Another hunter yelled back.

A storm itself had come into the cave.

My instincts couldn't help but start to buzz.

Her skin was so dark it was almost purple. Her hair crisp white, wrapped around each other in thick dreadlocks. Her body large with curve. Gold jewelry clamped around her skin.

They already had her locked in chains. An iron mask clamped around her neck. Five guards pushing and pulling her. Two more with weapons pointed at her back.

Yet, they did not hold her.

She thrashed and twisted, fighting every second. She shoved against a guard forcing him into the stone wall. Her elbow came up cutting off his esophagus before two guards yanked on her chain, pulling her away from him.

She jerked away from them, using the momentum to hit another guard. The man went down crying out in pain as her claws gripped his neck.

If I wasn't supposed to be unconscious I would have gotten on my hands and knees and called her my Queen.

More guards ran from the doors surrounding her.

She roared from inside the mask. Her eyes bright and promising death. The shadows seemed to whisper her threats and the promises of misery.

I couldn't turn away as the guards wrapped themselves around her, forcing her to her knees. She bucked and bashed as they dragged her to the side.

The cave quivered at her anger.

Even the doctor came rushing out. She ran from the side, needles in her hands. Her normal joyous, patient face was contorted in fear and panic.

Six guards jumped on top of her keeping her down. Four hunters held her chains low to the ground, keeping her steady, or as steady as possible. A cuff around her neck kept her head bent forward.

The doctor refused to get close. She thrust the long needle into the side of the creature's neck. The yellowy purplish liquid entering her blood stream.

Her body seized, frozen and clamped. It did not last long as she gathered her strength and lunged for the doctor.

The creature shoved her face into the doctors, hissing and growling, eyes crazed.

She jumped away from creature with a shriek. The doctor couldn't catch her balance as she stumbled on top of me. Jolting me.

A cynical smirk covered the female's face behind the mask as she chuckled at the woman's panic.

The hunters shoved her back down.

I could see the energy draining from her. The consequences of the needle taking effect.

She still glared at them with the ferocity of a hurricane. Laughing at the men who gasped to catch their breath. She twisted her chains, eyeing them up. Muttering in a language I did not know.

Peter dared step closer, pulling at the chain around her neck.

Even now, she held her head up high. They may have shackled her, but she would never be their prisoner.