Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Perfect.

My life had been perfect bliss for the past two years.  Even in the Fates loom now, both sides would be full of colors. No bleak grays or blacks. Perfect. There was no other way to describe it. All the people I loved were happy. I could not find any flaw in my life, which somehow worried me. But I did not have enough time for worrying.

My daughter Renesmee seemed to be the person my life revolved around. Well, most of my life. She had grown into a beautiful 9 year old although she was only 2. But this did not worry me anymore. She would be perfectly healthy and happy even after a 100 years. This thought filled me with joy as I watched her sleeping in her room in the cottage. Her crib had been replaced by a bed. She looked so innocent in her sleep, that none could think she was the same girl who played pranks on Emmett.  Well I did enjoy that. After all those innuendos he had said about Edward and me, he deserved this much.

EDWARD.  The other person in my life whom I could not live without. Though I loved all my family- vampire and human, Nessie (the stupid nickname for Renesmee, which did not seem so stupid now) and Edward were my life lines. Edwar, the most beautiful person on this planet.  Edward, the reason for my existence. Edward, just the thought of him made my insides a little warmer, just remembering his face made my stomach flutter.

 Edward, who was out hunting with his brothers now.

Renesmee started stirring, interrupting my reverie. She opened her eyes and saw my face with hwr warm chocolate brown eyes. My eyes. Charlie’s eyes. It had been her wish to see me there when she woke up. And I had agreed. Anything to make her happy.

The look she now gave me, made my still heart burst with pleasure. I had been right to keep her, to save her, to protect her. She put her palm on my face and in my head I saw a figure of us both at the main house (white house). I smiled. I had been thinking about that only.

She got out of bed. She combed her waist length glossy bronze curls and nodded at me. I took her hand and darted out of the door, in the forest, towards the main house.

As we reached there, I smelt a familiar human scent. My mother. And another, my father. Charlie and Renee. It had been one of the happiest moments of my life when I could finally meet my mother. She had come to meet me last year. I had been nervous. Ofcourse her syes had bulged at seeing me, but she had been warned by Charlie, so she had not really made a big production of it. Now both my parents knew something was off with Cullens. But they kept quiet and so did we.

 As we neared the house, we slowed. Ok, they knew something was different, but let’s not give them a heart attack by flitting across the room in inhuman speed.

When we went through the door, I saw all my vampire family including Edward and his brothers who had just returned from their hunting trip, standing in a line and waiting. Behind them , I could see my mother and father. As I stood there, Nessie went ahead to stand near Jacob who was near my mom and dad. All of them smiled at me.

Yes. It was PERFECT.