Chapter 2 - Consultant

[CHAPTER 2]

Today was my first day consulting on the serial arson case/serial killer case Arson was my specialty I had worked for the office of fire and investigations a department that is tasked with determining the origin and cause of fires within the city ...

Today was my first day consulting on the serial arson case/serial killer case Arson was my specialty I had worked for the office of fire and investigations a department that is tasked with determining the origin and cause of fires within the city I worked there for a couple of months after being recommended by my father. After saving FBI agent Penelope Garcia from an apartment fire I was offered a consulting job by SSA Aaron Hotchner.

He is the unit Cheif for the BAU, the behavioural analysis unit within the FBI using there profiling skills to find the true identify of serial killers, child abductors and serial rapists. I was woken up by my alarm blaring in my ears I rolled over groaning because I hadn't slept much last night due to the nerves of working the case, I didn't get nervous much which confused me. I finally rolled out of bed before heading to take a shower, then having a shave before getting dressed into a green tshirt, a brown Demin jacket and a pair of black jeans along with my converse.

I wanted a smart but causal outfit I gathered up my car keys, phone, wallet and temporary ID badge before heading out of my apartment and walking to my car that was parked outside before jumping inside turning on the radio and messing with the radio until I found a station that I liked which made me feel more comfortable before starting up the car and setting off as I drove to the FBI I stared through the window the entire time because this didn't seem normal to me the fact that I was going to help them solve a case. As I arrived I parked my car before heading inside.

I had to go through metal detectors before being patted down then I was escorted inside before we headed upstairs as we reached a room as I looked inside I saw the team already around the table as I walked in the agent who escorted me walked away "everyone this is Battalion Chief Alec Jones" Aaron Hotchner said as he looked over at me "he's going to be consulting on the case he has a speciality in the determining the causes of a fire and where I believe he will be an asset to the case" Aaron said before pointing to a spare seat at the table so I nodded before sitting down.

"Our unsubs last fire was in down town Chicago yesterday which means that he's taking a specific route to meet his end game, the question is where?" Aaron said "maybe" I said before standing up and grabbing a pen drawing each point the unsub had set a fire "if there going this freeway the end result is" I said looking at the map I had made "Seattle" Aaron said it clicking in his head "the question is where" Aaron said "Alec and Derek head to the scene of the last fire" Hotch said looking at the both of us as we nodded our heads in agreeing with him "Spencer and Emily Head to Chicago" Aaron said "and myself and David will go to Seattle" Aaron said as she stood up "wheels up in 30" Aaron said as everyone nodded before we all left the room.

Before myself and Derek headed off we decided to take a detour "Hello Baby Girl" Derek said as we both walked into the room that I had been told Penelope called the Batcave "Chocolate Thunder" Penelope said as she smiled while looking at Derek "and you" Penelope said as she smiled at me "it's nice to see you again Penelope how you feeling" I asked as I smiled back at her, her smile gave a warm feeling inside and I wasn't sure why. "So where are you fine gentleman headed" Penelope said "Chicago" Derek said Penelope raised her eyebrows "we'll be fine baby girl" Derek said as he placed a kiss on her forehead "but what if the bomber is still there?" Penelope said sounding worried.

"Then we will deal with it" Derek said which seemed to put her at ease "we've gotta go but I'll call you as soon as we land" Derek said as we began to leave but as I was about to walk through the door I turned around and looked at Penelope and for a second our eyes met which made my heart flutter what was happening, I smiled to not make the situation awarkward before heading to the airport. We went on a commercial flight because we had all split up into teams and Aaron was the head of the BAU which meant he got to use the Jet eventually after finding out seats myself and Derek sat down. "So how long you been a firefighter?" Derek asked trying to start a conversation.

"9 years and battalion Cheif for 4" I said "it might get rough if the unsub is still in the city" Derek said "I'm sure I'll be fine and if have to I'll use this" I said revealing my weapon, It was kept in a safe unless I needed it and today was that day "don't worry I've had weapons training and been certified by an instructor and the deputy director signed off using it in the field even though I'm not an agent" I said which seemed to put him at ease "so what's going on with you and Garcia are you just friends or is there something going on between the two of you?" I asked which seemed to confuse him "just friends but I love her like family" Derek said which put me at ease which also confused me why was I worrying about Penelope being in a relationship.

"No one can handle Penelope Garcia" Derek said with a chuckle and a smile on his face which made an awkward smile appear on my face, after a short flight we arrived in Chicago and headed straight to the crime scene as we arrived the scene was still pretty fresh and there was fire fighters and cops everywhere "are you the incident commander" Derek said and the man nodded "in SSA Derek Morgan and this is Battalion Chief Alec Jones who is consulting on the case" Derek said before we were shown to the fire it was an office building that had been set in fire by the unsub "so the fire was set up here" I said tapping on the walls trying to find out what they were made from.

"These walls are made from Prefabricated Panel a cheap material used to building walls however I'm more concerned what lies beneath I was grabbing a haligan and began to tear the wall apart "this is what contractors use to insulate walls on the cheap and this here" Derek said bending down "is our entry point" I said as Derek looked at me "the unsub must have knew that this type of insulation was behind the walls and that it's highly flammable" I said "meaning the unsub must work in construction" I said which made Derek reach to his pocket and grab his phone "How's my fine piece of chocolate" Penelope said which made Derek chuckle "Hey momma we believe that the unsub works in construction is there any construction workers that worked at all 3 fires?" Derek asked as h I heard a keyboard click.
End Of Chapter 2