Forever.

*Kamani's POV*

"I need a drink man." I told my partner as we were walking out of work. I rub the back of my neck where the pain was really bad.

"And from the looks of it, a massage too." she said grinning at me. I nod and head my car.

"You should come out with me tonight. It'll be fun." she suggested.

My partners name is Amber. She's Asian and black. Her hazel eyes are gorgeous and her bad boy look made her even hotter. I used to have the biggest crush on her when we first assigned as partners. She stands at 5'8, two inches shorter than me and had a nice fit body.

"I don't know Amber. Last time I went out with you, I didn't wake up for two days." I chuckled thinking back on the time we partied together. She laughed and shook her head.

"That wasn't my fault. But look, if you change your mind let me know."

"Okay. Talk to you later." I got in my car and noticed my gas tank half empty. I never let my gas get any lower than the halfway mark. I drove to the nearest gas station and got out.

"Hey!" I heard someone call out. I turned around and saw the same girl that was harassing Sydnei the other night. I raised one eyebrow and kept walking.

When I came back out from paying for my gas I saw that childish ass girl by my car.

"Yo! What the fuck you doing by my car?" she smiled and walked over to her car. I walked around to my car and saw a big ass scratch on my driver and back seat door. This bitch must wanna die.

I walked over to her car before she could pull off. Grabbing her out of her car, I grabbed both her wirsts and slammed her on the hood of her car.

"Look, I don't know why you won't let Syd go but you need to do so. Real fucking quick. She's crazy but I'm insane. Literally. I could rip your arms from your shoulders right now but that'd be too easy. This is your last warning." she whimpered when I tightened my grip on her wrists.

"Hey let her go." some bystander said to me. I let her go and she ran to get in her car. I peeped everybody else at the gas station staring at me.

"You ain't have to do her like that " the same man said. I rolled my eyes and started pumping my gas.

Once it was done I ran my fingers across the wide scratch and got mad all over again. Call Sydnei. I got in the car and sped off reaching for my phone. I dialed Sydnei's number and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Your little ex booty call is gonna end up dead somewhere if she keeps playing." I gripped the steering wheel tight.

"Wait, what?" she chuckled.

"The girl who showed up the other night and was about to lose her hand. The bitch saw me at the gas station and keyed my car like I did something to her." I noticed a car pull up behind me at the red light.

"Camilla? Why would she do that?" she asked. Green light. I pulled off and flared my nose.

"You tell me. Y'all know each other so well. I love you to pieces. Like more than a best friend but I wont get caught up in no bullshit. I have enough on my--" I was rambling. But Sydnei cut me off.

"More than a best friend?" she repeated what I had said. It caught me off guard. Dis I really just say that? I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the same car still following me. I made quick right turn and so did the car. Hmpf. That's odd.

"I love you too Mani." she said calmly. I started calming down when she said that.

The car behind me tried to swerve around me but I sped up. Grinning devilishly, the car honked its horn. I rolled my window down and stuck my middle finger up at the driver. Fucking coward. I could pull you over.

"Mani?"

"Wassup?" I licked my lips and thought about our little altercation in her car the other night.

"Can you come over? I can't ask what I want to ask over the phone." she sounded like she was smiling. I smirked.

"Actually, come get a bite to eat with me. I just got off and I'm hungry as shit." I knew that if I went to her house, we'd end up making love. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Um, okay. Where?"

"Sonics." My mouth watered when I said the restaurant name. I heard my stomach growl. Fuck.

"Ok. See you in a few bestie!" She giggled then hung up.

"Cute ass." I said aloud referring to Sydnei. Pulling up to Sonics five minutes later, I got out and sat at one of the outside tables and waited.

"Yo!" Sydnei came walking up behind me looking beautiful as always.  She had on a long royal blue maxi skirt and a black half tankini. I stood and hugged her taking in all of her scent.

"Mm, you smell so good." I said and she started blushing.

"Thank you, you look good." she bit her lip and I cocked an eyebrow at her. We sat down and waited for someone to come out and take our order. We both ordered and talked.

"There both of those bitches go!" I heard coming from behind us. I turned just in time to see Camilla charging at me with a crowbar. I pushed Syd to the ground and got up grabbing the bar when she swung it.

"Are you fucking serious?" I screamed at her tugging the crowbar away from her. Camilla pulled out a pocket knife.

"You should've stayed out of it bitch." she hissed at me. I didn't know if she had mental issues or what but I had to get this shit under control. I looked over at Syd and she looked frightened. For some reason, all I wanted was to protect her.

"If you don't want to walk away right now, I'm going to arrest you." I warned Camilla. She stared me down hard and lunged the knife at me. Sydnei screamed and I dodged the knife in time before it slashed the right side of my face open. I grabbed Camilla by her neck and picked her up. I was so fucking mad.

"Kamani. Stop. You're going to kill her!" Sydnei said crying. I put her down and put her on the ground holding her down.

"Go get my cuffs out of the car." I told Sydnei. She quickly did as I told her and soon I had Camilla handcuffed in seconds. I called one of my buddies to come pick her.

When they arrived, I was holding Sydnei. She was still crying.

"It's okay. I got you. I won't let anything happen to you, do you hear me?" she sniffles then looked up at me.

"I almost died today Mani. I'm scared."

"You don't have to be. Believe me." I squeezed her tighter.

"Why's that?" she asked looking me square in the eyes. I touched her chin and wiped her tears away.

"Cause you got me. I'm here. As long as you got me around, nothing will happen to you." she just stared at me. I meant every word I had just spoke.

"Best friends forever?" she held up her pinky when I let her go. I grinned and intertwined my pinky with hers.

"Forever."

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Go check out my Q&A story thingy. I'll be asking questions and I'd like for them to be answered.