Man's Best Friend

*Chad’s P.O.V.*

I couldn’t believe this… I could not believe it. I was so confused, so scared, so… lonely.

Sure, Ryan thankfully kept me inside so I had him and Röbby around, but they couldn’t understand me. Everything I tried to say came out in these pathetic, annoying meows and it was driving me crazy. I never realized how much I liked to talk to them. And what made it worse was that they didn’t even know I was me, they just thought I was some random cat. They were worried about me and there was nothing I could do…

“Röbby.” I tried to say, but all he heard was a pitiful mew. He glanced at me but then looked back at the TV. What was wrong with me? Did he not like me anymore?

Oh, wait, that’s right… I kept forgetting that I was nothing to him now.

But it wasn’t my fault! I woke up and nothing felt right. Everything seemed too big, and my body felt weird. But then I caught my reflection in the mirror and… I’m still freaked out. I didn’t know what to do. All I wanted was to be a damn human again… I wanted Röbby to like me again.

Maybe… if I couldn’t be what he really wanted, I could at least get him to like what I am now. I was going to have to if this was permanent…

I got up from Ryan’s lap and walked across the couch over to Röbby, stepping up onto his legs and curling up against his stomach. I was afraid he might push me off of him or something, but instead he let me lay there and eventually started petting me. I think I freaked myself out a little bit more when I began to purr. His hands just felt so nice running across my body…

Oh god, just because you’re a freaking cat doesn’t mean you can think things like that.

I quickly jumped off the couch and ran up to Röbby and followed him up to his bedroom. I ran into the room right before he closed the door making him sigh and look at me with a mildly irritated expression. He said nothing as he walked over to the bed and lied down, and after a couple of tries I managed to jump up onto the bed with him. After he shifted around a bit to get comfortable I lied down on his chest.

“You’re a strange little cat.” he said. I looked at him and said nothing, knowing that it wouldn’t do any good either way. I really missed talking to him.

Please let me be able to talk to him again…

~*~

*Röbby’s P.O.V.*

As I was trying to take a nap, I felt uncomfortable so I shifted around… at least, I tried to. The more I moved the more I awake I became, until I was frowning and sighing out of irritation. Why the hell couldn’t I get comfortable? It felt like here was something heavy on top of me.

I slowly opened my eyes, then looked down and jumped.

“Chad?!”

His eyes flew open and he jumped back, letting out a scream and falling off of me and the bed entirely and landing on the floor with a thud. I stared at him, confused as hell as he pushed himself up on his hands and then squeaked as he looked down and realized that he was naked. He grabbed at the sheets and pulled them off of the bed to cover himself then looked back up at me with wide eyes.