Ch. 32

The days flashed by until it was time for us to appear near the targets. All of us were in constant contact and planned to attend the auditions. There was no confirmation that we would pass onto the rounds because only a select few knew of our reason for being at this college so we had to work to make sure that we could pass.

I was the first of our team to appear. I looked around the auditorium. The music building was quite large due to the well known music program. The rows of seats were filling with both band members and onlookers. Moving towards the registration, I noticed a few familiar faces within the crowd. The Farrah team along with Lake and Karla were conversing with a few other all female bands. Luke and Rowan were dodging through the crowds with their arms full of drinks and snacks. Luke had a bag of jellybeans sticking out from his pocket. North and Silas' towering frames were seen near the back while Sean and Rin were conversing with all Asian team.

"Hey," the boy sitting behind the registration table smiled brightly. His skin was tan, making his sparkling white teeth sparkle. Brown eyes looked at me up and down. His hair was a sandy brown which was mused slightly. "Signing up?"

I smirked, lifting an eyebrow up. "What gave me away?"

He chuckled at my sarcasm. "Sorry. It's just I've never seen someone so beautiful."

"I know right," a voice spoke before an arm wrapped around my shoulders. The scent of the familiar pineapple and woodsy cologne made me relax into the body next to me. "My girlfriend is beautiful."

The boy's smile turned strained as he forced himself to keep smiling. His eyes turned sharp as he looked at the arm that was currently around me. "Ah. Already taken." His eyes barely looked at Rowan before looking back at me. "Lucky guy."

After a tense moment, he became cheerful. "Well, name's Lark. I guess you guys are wanting to register. Take this and write down your band name, band members, and student id. After that, just bring it back and I'll give you your numbers."

I grabbed the paper before Ryker guided me to where the others were. Kota and Victor were looking down at their phones. Our equipment were piled near their feet. As we moved towards them, Ryker smiled. "I might have to stay close to you."

I rolled my eyes. "Me? Don't you see the girls looking at you?"

And I wasn't wrong. He had handsome features and charming and warm expression that made women's eyes drawn towards them. In fact, every single one of us Academy agents were drawing people's attention.

He looked at me with a teasing smile. "Jealous?"

"Of course not," I said before moving away towards Kota and Victor. When they noticed me, smiles came to their faces, making my heart beat faster. After close to four years, they reappeared and were around me and my team for another year. In that year they were near me, my heart told me that no matter how much I try to deny my feelings or want to change my feelings, I would always love them more than friends.

After we signed the paper, I waved the others away to get our instruments ready as I turned in the paper. The guy behind the table smiled as I came closer. When I reached him, he looked behind me and became happier that Ryker was not behind me. His eyes looked down the paper I gave him. His brown eyes met mine with interest. "Your name is Sang?" At my nod, he smiled. "Nice. The Arcadians? That's interesting. Anyway your number is 18."

After he gave me the numbers to put on our clothes, he spoke. "Are you a junior?"

I nodded. "I recently transferred from a community college."

He nodded as if he found this interesting. "I'm glad that you transferred here. There are a lot of opportunities to get to know others in the music major."