Guide to Reading Lists

Here, we have our collection of reading lists. If you know a story that would be a good fit for any of these, we'd love for you to make a submission (as outlined in our Submission Guide chapter in this book). 

Spooky Stuff | Thriller/Horror: A scream, a look of surprise and the echoes of footsteps. This reading list contains books which are page-turners and will have your blood pumping, the thrill consuming you. These tales of horror and intrigue will keep you hanging onto every word. These are books we consider inspirational material for our community project: Mother's House of Horrors.

Who knows? | Mystery: Clues, suspects and hunches. This reading list contains books which will keep you guessing and your brain working overtime. Solve along as you visit the lands of unpredictable events and unprecedented circumstances. These are the books we consider inspirational material for our community project: The Murder of Mr Black.

Fever Dreams | Fantasy: Magic, dragons and distant lands! This reading list contains books which will take you far away from this world and immerse you in lands of wonders and magic. These books contain tales to ignite your passion for imagination and creativity. These are the works we consider inspirational material for our community project: Domains of Diversity.

Double Oh | Action: The clock is ticking, the enemy is advancing and adrenaline is pumping through your veins. This reading list contains books with all sorts of themes, from secret societies to ancient wars. These are action-packed, fast-paced tales which will make you feel alive. These are the books we consider inspirational material for our community project: The Daring and the Dead.

Quests and Conquests | Adventure: Intimidating forests, unknown shores and treacherous plains. This reading list contains books which will serve as brain food for your inner wanderer. Looking for an escape? Then, these books are for you. These are the books we consider inspirational material for our community project: A Band of Heroes.

Community !write books: !write prompts are daily prompts that promote self-reflection, self-exploration and positive thinking. This reading list contains write-ups based on our daily !write prompts written by the community.

Community !share books: !share prompts are daily prompts which serve as a medium for discussion of the books enjoyed by the community. A prompt for the day is assigned and this reading list !shares the recommendations of our community members.

Community Projects:

The Daring and The Dead, A Band of Heroes, Mother's House of Horrors, Murder of Mr. Black and Domains of Diversity contain the contributions to our various community projects. They are living examples of what the community can do when it comes together. 

We always aim to keep our reading lists fresh and exciting, so check back often to see our newest additions!