The Ball

The next morning I woke up rolling over in bed to see Klaus was gone, but found a note on his pillow

"Downstairs" was all it said I grab his pillow and breathe in his scent before getting up. I showered and got dressed I notice coffee mug filled with blood still warm to the touch on the dresser, I make my way down downstairs nursing the mug and playing with the chain that had mine and Klaus's wedding rings on it.

I reach the room where Klaus and the rest of the family were getting fitted for a formal occaison. "Rebekah tell me how handsome I am?" I hear Kol ask Rebekah I snort at the question.

"oh Kol you know I can't be compelled," she replies as Klaus burst into the room angrily. "you went after Elena last night, what is wrong with you," he says to her. "here we go," she retorts.

"do you want another dagger in your heart," he hissed at her.

"again with the dagger threats, don't you have any other tricks," Kol retorts rolling his eyes at them.

"oh go back to staring at yourself Kol, and whose Elena." I say walking into the room as they all look at me. "Elena is Katherine's doppelganger, the one Niklaus used to break the hybrid curse." Elijah replied.

"I see." I say looking at Klaus before setting the mug down. I beckon him with my finger, he walks towards me, a sexy smirk filling his face and I lean up on my tip-toes and kiss him. His arms slide about my waist and my fingers thread through in his hair. He smile against my lips as he deepens it.

"Ugh get a room you two," Kol gags causing me to jump back slightly.

"we are in a room Kol, you just happen to be here too." Klaus says nuzzling my neck.

"You're just jealous you don't have a lover or a wife to love on, Kol." Rebekah says with a smirk. I snort and pull away from Klaus, who gazes at me a smile plauging his lips.

"Morning, love," I whisper to him,

"morning, sweetheart, I see you got my note," he replies I grin at him that's when he noticed the chain I had around my neck that has his wedding ring on it including mine.

"my ring you still have it I see," he says I quickly take it off the chain and put his ring on, "always and forever," I whisper he takes mine and dose the same, "always and forever," he replies I smile at him just as Esther walks in,

 "AraBell may I steal Niklaus for a moment?" she ask me ,

"of course Esther," I reply straining a smile as Klaus gives me a peck on the lips before joining his mother in the other room. Rebekah and Elijah both notice the look on my face,

"what is it?" they both ask me,

"something doesn't add up with her how she quickly forgave Nik. You both may think I'm being stupid but just don't trust her." I reply looking out the window. They look at each other remembering how angry I get when someone tries to hurt Klaus. "Anyways, come Rebekah you have to help me with my dress," I said smiling at her.

Later that night as I put the final touches on my hair and make-up I head downstairs to find Klaus I see Damon and Stefan looking at me,

"AraBell you look stunning this evening," Damon says kissing my hand, "you don't look to bad yourself Mr. Salvatore," I reply just as I see Katherine's doppelganger walking in.

"So that's Elena," I say looking over his shoulder he looked at me surprised. "how do you know about Elena?" he ask me while becoming protective of her,

"Elijah told me," I state with a shrug of my shoulders. "Of course he did. Did he tell you about the curse Klaus broke," he says with a roll of his eyes,