9

Sasha looked at me as if I had just slapped her in the face

"Jo that is a terrible idea!" She whisper-yelled

We were in Ravenclaw common room and it was right before dinner on a weekend: not many were around; I had chosen this moment to ask her to come with me at the D.A. meeting which was about to happen

"What you're proposing is very very dangerous!"

"It's not any more dangerous than going to lesson! We still get hurt for not doing anything so we might as well strike back"

"No, you know its not true" Sasha was getting worked up and her voice was raising "You're brilliant Jo, I know you know its more dangerous to be part of Dumbledore's Army!"

"Shh!" I looked around to make sure everyone was still ignoring us

"Carrow already has it out for you" she continued relentlessly, but her voice was lower "You really want to give him a reason?"

"He doesn't need one that's the problem!" I showed her the back of my left hand even if it was completely healed

"And what will happen if he catches you? He is a psychopath Jocelyn!"

"You don't have to remind me! I am the one he hates"

"Is this what your uncle wants? Tell me, is this what Oberon would want? Beacuse I can't see him agreeing with any of this!"

I hadn't expected her to be so against it. I was almost certain she wouldn't have come with me but I didn't think she would try to convince me not to go as well.

"It's not his decision. I'm 17 I can do whatever I think is right"

"Oh, don't play the adolescent rebel card-"

"Sash I'm doing this! I'm only offering you to do it with me"

"What you're offering me is a sure path to pain!" She sighed and looked at her hands for a second. I took a deep breath; it was time for me to go, Luna was waiting for me outside
"Can I change your mind?"

"No" I answered calmly but decisive

Sasha got up from the couch
"I won't betray your secret Jo. But I don't approve of this and I do not want to see you getting hurt"

"I won't"

"You can't promise me that! ...will you ask Jade too?"

"No" I got up too "Mark's already in, if she wanted to join she already would have"
I hated myself for doing it, but I checked my watch "I have to go-"

"Go then! If I can't stop you it's no use wasting my voice!"

Having said that, she walked towards the dorms and disappeared.
I sighed and made a mental note to find her later.
Why did it have to be so difficult? I knew that she was afraid at least as much as I was and I thought I was offering her something she needed, because I needed the D.A.

I left the common room and found Luna sitting on a step waiting for me
"Is she coming? Should we wait?"

"No, let's go"

We walked silently through the corridors, keeping an eye out for the Carrows but otherwise very calm: we weren't doing anything wrong ...yet.

"You seem very upset"

"So?" I sounded more aggressive than I intended it but Luna didn't seem offended at all

"Why are you so upset, Jo? Is it just because she's not going to be in the D.A. with us?"