Chapter 24: Yeah, Your Urge to Kill

Lacrosse practice went well for the Hawaiian goalie as Danny practiced a few rounds with the newly announced team captain, Issac Lahey.

Taking advantage of having the field to themselves, the two teens worked a couple game strategies for their next tournament taking place in two weeks. Satisfied with the results, Issac assisted Danny with returning the equipment back to the school storage room.

"Good game, Danny," Issac complimented him.

"Thanks," replied the goalie. "I think Coach Finstock will be happy with a couple of the moves we thought up."

"I can't wait," noted the new captain. "So is your family coming to the next game?"

"Wouldn't miss it," answered Danny.

"And your boyfriend?"

Danny ignored his question. Helping Issac lift the some of the heavier units, they locked the storage before heading out. Then the lacrosse captain repeated his inquiry.

"You didn't answer my question," said Issac. "Is Stiles coming to the game?"

"Stiles and I are on the outs right now," Danny confessed. "I don't know."

Issac regretted his statement. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."

"Don't worry about it," Danny replied. "We haven't resolved our issues."

"But you two seemed so happy," stated the lacrosse captain. "You're like the it-couple at this school."

"It's complicated," Danny sighed. "Can we not talk about it right now?"

"Sure, sorry I brought it up," Issac apologized.

"Water under the bridge," said Danny. "All is forgiven."

Exiting out of the gym, Issac started to head to his car. "Are you leaving right now?"

"Actually, I want to shower before heading home," Danny responded.

Issac tossed him the keys. "Well lock up before you go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Issac!" The goalie waved to the new lacrosse captain. Walking down the hallway of the school, Danny headed into the locker room to shower.

Fifteen minutes later, the sound of the running water resonated around the empty locker room. Steam surrounded the stalls as the facility remained empty except for the single student attempting to get clean. Loud growls echoed in the area, forcing Danny turn around mid-rinse to see if anyone was around.

"Hello? Anyone out there?" The teen called out. No response. Figuring it was the janitor cleaning the hallways outside, he returned to his shower.

Once down, the young man grabbed his clothes from locker and dressed. Picking up his duffle bag, he made his way to the entrance before large footprints marched behind him. Turning around, he saw a light chestnut-haired man dressed in black grinning at him.

"Can I help you with something?" Danny asked nervously. There should not be anyone in the school except for him and the custodian.

The mysterious gentleman grinned. "Yes, you can Danny. You can be leverage to lure Stiles to me!"

Red eyes and canine teeth displayed in front of him. Danny screamed as the beast lunged at him.

Beacon Hills upscale, tourist area had several bars, restaurants, shops that catered to visitors every year. No retailer was more popular in the town than Morell Exclusives, a high-end boutique that catered to the fashionable, trendy consumer. Victoria Argent managed the store making the owner happy with her fruitless efforts of increasing yearly sales. In fact, her increase of last year impressed her boss that she received an even higher upgrade in salary and position as a buyer for the company. The Argent matriarch could not be happier.