1

A few months ago, my parents car drove off a bridge. I know that I'm not hearing the full story. There is something my grandparents aren't telling me. Ever since the autopsy reports came back, they've been acting strange. They won't let me see them. I know that they're trying to protect me, but it's destroying me inside not to know the whole truth about what happened to my parents. One day, I will find out... they can't keep it from me forever. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let it be known that i was in the car with them. As the car had been filling to the brim with water and I was losing consciousness, my parents' blood was turning the once clear water a murky red. There were wounds on their heads and their legs and their arms and just all over. I could feel myself running out of oxygen, drowning. I no longer had the energy to yank the doors of the car or try to wake my parents. I knew my parents were long gone and all I could do was wait until I joined them.

With my eyes still closed, I could hear voices. "Can you hear me. Please, come on. Just breathe. Just breathe. " I felt pressure on my chest as someone pounded it with great force. Water was rising up my throat, leaving my filled lungs. Suddenly, the water cam sputtering out of my mouth as my body began to rise from the cold, solid ground beneath me. My eyes flickered open to see bright blue eyes staring back at me. I looked around to see the rest of the person hovering over me. I saw a boy, dark hair, pale skin, gorgeous smile,and those piercing, bright blue eyes. "You're awake." His dark hair, wet and messy as his water dripped from his clothes. Then it went dark again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke again I saw bright lights above me and white everything. As I sat up, I found that I was tethered to the bed I was lying in. I continued to push myself forwards, and as I broke free the beeping began. I looked around and came to the realization that i was in a hospital room. At that moment, my grandparents walked in. "Oh, sweetie, you're awake!" I couldn't figure out why I was here or why my grandparents were so excited to see me awake. My grandma rushed to my side and squeezed me as nurses piled into the room. "What happened here? Why isn't she hooked up to the machines anymore?" 

"I woke up, and tried to move." Why were they so worried about me not being attatched to machines? "Now, it's my turn to ask. What happened? Why am I here? Where are Mom and Dad?" Everyone in the room grew silent. Tears filled my grandparents' eyes. My grandma started to speak, but she choked up. She tried to continue, but stopped when my grandpa put his hand up. "Sweetheart," he said as tears spilled over his eyes and ran down his cheeks.

"Sweetheart, you were in a car accident. Your mom was driving and we don't know what happened, but she drove the car over the side of a small bridge into a lake. Her and your father were badly hurt." He started to cough as the tears and thoughts of recent events filled him. The nurse took over for him. She was big and scary looking, but when she spoke, it sounded so sweet and sincere. "Hun, your mom and dad didn't make it out of the car. You wouldn't have made it out either, if not for that boy." I couldn't help but wonder, 'What boy', even though i just found out that my parents died. The nurse began answered my question without even knowing it. "That boy over there in the chair, he's been there since you got here. He rode in the ambulance and everything." I looked over at the boy sleeping in the chair beside my bed. He had messy, dark hair, and pale skin. "He saw your parents' car in the water and managed to get you out before too much damage had been done to you. He saved your life."

The boy shifted in his chair slightly and mumbled something incoherent. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my grandparents and the nurse all look at each other. "We better let you get your sleep," the nurse said. She smiled at me with warm eyes. The group left my room and I was all alone. All alone except for the sleeping boy. Looking at him, I decided that I was tired myself. I could feel my eyelids growing heavy, and as much as I wanted to, I didn't fight it as sleep took over my body.