XV.

Richard just got out of the bathroom when he decided to pick up his personal phone - the one thing he wasnt able to use the whole day because of work. He sat on the bed when he started browsing messages from Lucy, Juliana, and some friends. He replies one by one and continues to go through everything. He stopped on a particular one that says, "I saw your interview a while ago. I hope you are feeling better." Richard smiles and checks the time. It's already past 9pm and decided to get comfortable in bed and presses facetime.

Dawn just checked on the kids in their bedrooms and reminded them not to stay up too late, while Anton is inside his home office doing some work and online conferences. She decided to stay in their bedroom with a glass of wine to cap off the night. She relaxed herself in the recliner and picked up a book that she is almost done reading. She flipped a page until she hears her phone ring.

"Hmmm, that's weird. Anong oras na?"

She clicked accept and saw Richard on her screen with his eyes closed.

Richard didn't notice that his eyes closed while waiting for his call to connect. He didn't notice that Dawn already picked up his call until he hears her, "Goms?" and that's when he just looked at the screen and saw her smiling back at him.

"Hi."

"Hi, are you okay? Napatawag ka?"

"Yeah.", as he wipes his eyes to make himself more awake.

"Gusto mo bukas na lang tayo mag-usap? Mukhang pagod ka na. Magpahinga ka na lang."

"No, it's fine. I just need someone to talk to anyway."

"Wala kang kasama? Nasaan sila Juliana?"

Richard smiles as he feels the concern from her.

"She's staying with sila Dad tonight. Naglalambing kasi nandoon din ang mga baby cousins niya."

"I see. Ikaw? How are you feeling? Last time we talked may sakit ka."

"I'm fine." but he coughed involuntarily.

"Mr. Gomez, are you still sick?"

"No. Wala 'to!", and grabs his glass of water on his bedside table to take a drink.

"Namumula yang mga mata mo."

"Dawn, wag mo na ako pagalitan. I'll be fine!"

Dawn sighs as she keeps observing him. She knows when he's sick and as always, he will push himself until he really can't move anymore.

"O, yang mga kilay mo, magkasalubong nanaman."

"Ayan ka nanaman kasi. Kulit kulit mo."

"Promise! I will be okay! Uminom na ako ng gamot. Hindi na rin ako pumasok today. I worked from home, the tv interview a while ago was thru phone patch and did online conferences with my staff."

"I'm just making sure. Mahirap na ngayon kasi may virus. So please, take care of yourself. Mahirap pag ikaw na ang nagkasakit."

"Yes, Senyora."

Dawn nods.

"Okay, enough about me. What about you? What did you do today?"

"Well, I cooked lunch, baked cookies with the kids, did some needlepoint, watch us.."

"Anong us?"

"I watched Walang Hanggan today"

"Talaga? Anong episode na?"

"Eh di yung pinagpustahan mo si Emily sa singkwenta pesos."

Richard laughs.

"What's funny?"