BLEEDING - 2

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at the airport. Please make sure one last time that your seat belt is securely fastened and that you have complied with all safety measures." Co-pilot, Adam Jones voiced through the intercom.

Chloe, who was soundly asleep wriggled in her seat upon hearing his voice and slowly opened her eyes. She checked the time, and in surprise, she realised that three hours had passed since she was last conscious.

A sigh escaped her mouth as she checked her safety belt. Plane inclined slightly forward and began to descend towards the airport.

Instinctively, Chloe clutched on to the hand rest. She wasn't afraid, it was this tickling feeling in pit of her stomach, stipulating her nervousness.

Shortly, they landed on LaGuardia airport, third busiest airport serving New York City. For a first timer, it was surely no less than a maze.

Grabbing her luggage from the Luggage claim area, she exited the massive building through her alloted terminal.

She hailed a cab and provided address to the driver, a middle aged man with smokey brown hair with occasional whites in between and a stout body.

He worked hard day and night for his family with rest just enough to function properly, still a merry smile featured on his lips whenever he had a passenger.

He drove her to the address; 62nd street, Middle Way, Queens, New York.

Around fifteen minutes later, they reached at her final destination.

"Your destination, miss." He uttered and pulled of the car infront of a house, with a number plate '24' written over it.

"Thank You, Mr.Michael." She replied the man with a joyous smile.

"Your welcome Ms.Moretz." She gave him one last smile before he drove away while she took a look of the beautiful house she had rented, at the same time waiting for it's owner to come by and give her the keys.

Her dad had already talked to the owner of this house, an old man with the name of Arnold Vincent, he had recently shifted in with his only daughter and thought to give this house on lease. Luckily, the first person to look over it on an online site was Chloe.

"Ms.Moretz ?" An unfamiliar feminine voice called her from behind. She turned around and was immediately faced by a beautiful young lady, perhaps in her late 20s.

Her caramel brown hair reached her shoulders and adorned the beauty of her emerald green eyes.

"Yes that's me, and you'd be.." She trailed off.

"I am Meghan Vincent. Daughter of the owner of this property." Young woman replied pointing towards her house with a genial smile playing on her lips.

"I came here to give you the keys. Everything is cleaned up, so you won't face any trouble."

"Thank you so much."

"If you need any help, you can call me." She handed Chloe a small card with "MEGHAN'S FLOWER SHOP" printed boldly over it followed by an address and a phone number.

"It's my flower shop, just a few streets away.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you so much once again."

"One more thing, try not to be late outside, it's not safe for you."

Meghan spoke seemingly to Chloe, but her eyes were trained behind her, precisely at the house number 20 just few steps away. Chloe observed abrupt change in her expressions, however, she was too tired to ponder on her words and simply nodded.

"I should get going now. You must be tired. See ya." She said and walked away while Chloe climbed up the staircase and unlocked the door. Her eyes wandered around, indeed the house seemed clean.

She walked further inside, first room that came in her view was a-not-so-big living room with a three piece chestnut brown sofa set embellished by white curtains that hung above the windows.

Opposite to the living room was a medium sized kitchen. It seemed to have all modern facilities, from inbuilt stove to a small chimney over it.

"This house is beautiful, let's see how our bedroom is." She whispered to no one but herself and climbed up the another set of stairs.

There were two rooms facing each other. She twisted the knob and pushed open one of them. She was amazed to see the simple yet elegant decoration.

White curtains similar to that of the living room hung above a small window and near it rested a green artificial plant.

White walls illuminated the room when bright sunlight fell on them. A queen sized bed was placed in the middle while a lamp was placed on the nightstand beside. It was a spacious room with only required furnishings.

The moment her eyes fell on the comfortable mattress of the bed, she felt more tired and sleepy than she already was.

She walked inside the en-suite bathroom and immediately changed into comfortable cloths before drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

______________________________________

Hope you liked this Chapter . If yes please vote and share your views in the comments .

Stay happy
Stay healthy
Stay tuned !!