Chapter 2:Live

Hi! Chapter two is here! Sorry for the cliffhanger but I love them so much! Anyways little spoiler alert: I cried when I wrote this chapter, full on tears,.... I'm too emotional. Enjoy chapter two and bring a tissue! P.s. sorry about caps lock I'm typing on an iPad so I can't italicize anything. 

(°3°) MWAH! -Talia 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nurse Amanda's P.O.V. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I walked down the long white hall of the hospital, heading to my favorite patients; Gia and Gemma. They were always so happy and full of life despite their conditions. Gia was a dreamer, always reading, playing dress up, day dreaming, and telling Gemma storie about what adventures the two of them would have when they are cured. Some times I wish she didn't put all of these ideas in Gemma's head, they fueled her escape plans. Gemma was definitely a trouble maker and a trickster. She's been locked up here almost her whole life, she was itching to get out of this bloody hospital and see the world. She has tried to break out, and has actually gotten a decent ways way from the hospital before we brought her back in. Gemma hasn't tried to escape too much since Gia started living here, I guess it's because she is content just playing games with Gia and listening to her stories. No matter how much trouble the two caused, I loved them to bits.

I opened the door labeled; 

Name: Gemma Cross 

Born: 1986 

Diagnostic: lymphoblastic lymphoma

Name: Giovanna Watts 

Born: 1986 

Diagnostic: lung cancer

I crept into the dark room. I helped decorate it, Gemma had chosen to paint everything eggplant purple. To me it looked as though someone skinned Barney and glued him down, but to her it was "perfectly purple". 

I switched on the light that hung above the door frame. As soon as the small light filled the room, my heart stopped.

The girls were gone.

On any normal day I would have calmly grabbed Mr.cross and gone searching for them, since their conditions were not fatal. Recently Gemma's condition had worsened, no matter what the doctors did her health deteriorated. Her own father gave her a month to live, and that was two weeks ago. Even though she had been given two more weeks to live, without constant supervision and her medicine she could die at any moment.

I ran at the door tripping over my own feet, as I rushed into Dr.Cross' office. 

"Dr.cross, it's an emergency!" I panted as I burst through the door.

"What is it?" He asked, not that surprised given that he worked in a hospital. He encountered emergencies everyday.

"They snuck out,"I was so worried my words were faltering.

"WHO, snuck out Amanda?" Cross said frustrated at my lack of detail.

"Gemma and Gia," I replied slowly as I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart. My red curls were sticking out in every direction from sprinting.

Without another word he got up and bolted out the door.

Gemma's P.O.V. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I knew I was dying, you can feel when your body starts to shut down. The doctors told me last week but I already knew I was at deaths doorstep. Sure I cried at first, but I realized some thing. if I only had a little while left why should I spend it sobbing in bed? So I did what I had been wanting to do, I took Gia outside. I hadn't told her I was dying, if I did she would've insisted I stay inside where I would be "safe". I was dying either way and I sure wasn't spending it in the stupid hospital. I hopped out our window and grasped onto a branch of a tree that grazed our window, allowing me to climb down the tree and land safely on the grass.