𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘴 - 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

WOLF TALE TWO

"I WOULD LOVE to know where werewolves came from." Addison rested her hands on her lap as she turned to all of us, an expectant look on her face. "Like, did you originate from the same thing Willa and the rest of the wolves did?" She directed the question to me. "That kind of thing."

"That's an interesting story," Willa began. "It all happened a long time ago on a dark and stormy night."

"Here's the thing," Wynter interrupted, slamming her hand on the rocks in front of her to gain Addison's attention. "Before you know where we came from, you should know that werewolves consider ourselves to be the best singers in the world!" I nod at the true statement, leaning into Wyatt's arm as Wynter began to tell the story.

I leaned closer to the wolf, setting my head on his shoulder. "We aren't going to tell her anything, are we?" I ask quietly, making sure to keep my voice down so the cheerleader didn't hear me.

Wyatt shook his head nonchalantly. "Nope. Not a thing," he confirmed, squishing another s'more together before practically devouring the treat.

"A long time ago, on a dark and stormy night, one of our werewolf ancestors was coming out of the woods when she accidentally stepped on a thorn and cried out!" Wynter exclaimed, howling lightly afterwards. "It was the most majestic sound you've ever heard," she sighed dreamily. "All the other werewolves heard it and rushed to see what was happening. When they found out, they wanted to try it too. Soon, our howls were harmonizing and they were experimenting with making songs. Choruses, solos, a cappella. You name it, they sang it!"

"That's how you guys found out about howling? My old pack told me that it was instinctual when they shifted," I inputted, eagerly taking a bite out of a s'more Wyatt had offered.

"And our range," Wynter gushed, ignoring my statement. "We were so good! We started competing against each other, and to this day, we still love to get together for singing competitions in the wolf den," she concluded.

"Uh, yay. But I was still wondering where werewolves came from," Addy reminded.

"S'mores are done!" Wyatt announced, sitting back up and waving the s'mores he had made around in his hands. My eyes landed on how he'd gotten marshmallow goo all over his face and in his hair.

"Wyatt!" Wynter scolded, her brows furrowing at the boy.

"Wynter!" he copied her, emphasizing her name. "Every time I make s'mores, always that attitude. Here." He handed one of the desserts to the guy sitting on his right. His actions mixed with the marshmallow he'd gotten all over his face caused everyone to laugh at his appearance. The boy joined in, knowing that his face was covered in the substance.

"Does this happen every time you make s'mores?" Addison asked, pointing her pen to the mess Wyatt had made as he continued passing them out, leaving one left in his hand.

"You want this one?" He held it out to me, not giving me the chance to take it before yanking it back and stuffing it into his own mouth. "Just kidding, it's mine." He finished the s'more in what must've been record time before turning to me. "Hey, Coraline." He used his finger and wiped some of the marshmallow goo off of his face before reaching over and smearing it across my nose. The werewolf grinned proudly at his accomplishment as he pulled me into a hug, making sure to get even more of the confection on my face.

The click of a camera made both of us freeze. My eyes landed on Addison as she showed the picture on her phone to Willa and Wynter, earning approved looks from the two. "Oh, yeah. This is definitely going on the den wall," Willa laughed. "Awe, you guys are so cute!"

I scowled at the girl, only making her laugh even more. "We're not cute. We're werewolves," I deadpanned.

I could feel Wyatt shrug before he placed a quick kiss on my cheek. "I think we make it work."