|Chapter 8}

Once we got outside, I felt so refreshed. I just closed my eyes and breathed in the air. When I opened my eyes, Everett was staring at me. His eyes were so pretty. They were just like the grass. Earthy and dark green. My favorite.

"What? Isn't the air just so nice out here? I don't know what that smell was inside, but it smelled like- I can't even find a comparison." I told him while scrunching my nose.

He chuckled and nodded his head in agreement. His eyes lingered on me and then down and back up. What if he thought my dress was ugly? Maybe he didn't like floral patterns?

"You look so beautiful tonight, Blue." He complimented me. My cheeks were starting to hurt, I was smiling so much. No doubt, my blush was permanent now.

"Thank you, kind sir. You look very handsome as well." I told him. He was wearing a navy  long sleeve T-shirt and cuffed khakis. It was simple and I liked it.

"Kind sir," he looked off in thought. "That's what you called me when I met you." He looked back at me.

"I did, didn't I? Well you are just so nice to me, I can't help it. I don't know why, though. Surely your friends can't stand seeing you with me. I'm just not quite up there with you guys, and it really makes no sense why you're so nice. You should be like, I don't know, calling me stupid or something." I'm sure he was realizing now that he should leave and never talked to me again. He looked confused and angry.

He walked up to me, picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder gently. I let out a surprised gasp.

He carried me into a garden farther back that had roses growing everywhere and a stone bench. He sat me down on the bench. He looked humongous when I was sitting down, but he eventually squatted down to my level.

"I like you because you're an amazing person, and you make me wanna be good, too. Fuck what they think. I'm gonna hang out with you if I want to. And trust me, I really want to. Don't doubt that." He said.

My lip started quivering. Why is he so kind. I think his heart is really big, even though he doesn't look like it.
"L-like me?" I asked.
"Yes, Blue. I like you." He chuckled at the end.

"Oh well, I like you too. So much actually. Do you think we can be like.... best friends? Only if you want to, of course! Wow, I would have two best friends! Ren wouldn't get jealous, don't worry!" I rushed out.
"I would love to be your best friend." He said in a genuine tone.
This. Was. Awesome.
"Okay then, Ev. That's my nickname for you. Unless you don't like it. But I like it." I looked up at him.
"Then I like it." He replied.
I grinned and jumped off the stone bench. He stood up.
"It's getting late so I have to find Renna, but I'll see you on Monday, yeah? I said.
He smiled. An actual full, teeth showing, smile.
"Monday." He confirmed.
I gestured for him to give me a high five, but he kept his hand up at his head level.

"You know I can't reach that." I have him an annoyed look. He laughed and lowered it down.
We smacked hands and I was off to find Renna. I couldn't believe that Everett was my best friend. He doesn't seem to smile or chuckle with everybody else like he does with me. I've never met his friends but they probably look just like him. Big and scary. But I definitely won't judge them by looks. I mean Ev is as scary as they come, but he is the sweetest.
Now,
Where am I gonna find Ren?