Chapter 1 - A Few Months

I laid back on the stretcher as the paramedic sat quietly next to me, my torso and legs strapped down so I wouldn't fall or escape.

Not like I was dumb enough to actually jump out of a moving ambulance into incoming traffic.

My suicidal thoughts aren't THAT bad, to be totally honest.

River drove behind us in his car.

I sighed as I decided to pick off the nail polish from my finger nails.

"You know... Its not forever," the paramedic said.

I looked at him.

"Its only a few months. The place is a pretty tragic site, but its got some okay nurses and the food is a bit more edible than any other hospital," he said, a slight shrug in his shoulders.

I just looked down, not really wanting to talk. At least he's nice, though, but I just didn't want to talk. Six months here are gonna suck, nonetheless.

He pursed his lips and looked down, soon the ambulance stopping.

"We're here," the driver said.

"I think it'll be alright to let you walk with your brother," he said, undoing the restraints.

I rubbed my wrists carefully so I wouldn't mess with the bandages.

The doors then open to reveal the driver and River.

"Why is she out of restraints?" the driver scolded.

"Its not like she's going to run off, Dave," the paramedic that was with me snapped.

"Come on, Raven," River said, holding his hand out to me.

I took his hand and he used the other one to take my waist and help me down.

"I'll take it from here. Thank you," River said.

The paramedics nodded as me and River walked in, going to the counter.

"Hi, we just came with the ambulance. This is Raven Stone," River said.

"One moment," the nurse lady said before typing some stuff on the computer.

I looked down as I drummed my fingers quietly and the nurse lady and River spoke.

I was only doing this for River, but I didn't want to leave him alone for so long. Its really just me and him in this world. Our parents just dumped us when I was 10, and he was 16. Now I'm 18, he's 24.

Soon he spoke. "Thank you," he said, and the nurse faced me.

"Mind giving me your wrist, sweetie?" she asked, somewhat nice yet direct.

I held up my wrist and she adjusted one of those bracelets with my name on it, and then a plain blue one, and a plain red one, and a striped green on on my other arm, and then a purple one.

"The red one is to supervise you, since you are a high risk suicide patient but if you can prove yourself to be able to control your urges, you won't be able to be supervised 24/7," she said. "Its not that bad. Nobody follows you to the bathroom or anything, they just make sure you're okay, make sure you take your vitamins and meds, sleep alright, stuff like that."

I nodded in understanding.

"And the blue and green and purple?" River asked.

"Blue means someone must supervise her food intake and green gives her permission to the gardens and backyard. We don't like keeping everyone holed up inside forever, so she can go out whenever she wants, so long as she lets someone know," the nurse said. "There's also a volunteer program here, you can talk to your therapist about that later. Purple is to supervise you when you take any medication."

"Well, she's a selective mute," River explained.

"Not a problem. We give sign language classes here, but we have good therapists she can learn to eventually trust, so she is in safe hands," the nurse said, sounding professional yet sincere.

He nodded before I held his hand, giving him an "I'll be okay" look.

"Can I still have a moment with my sister?" he asked.

"Yeah, of course. Someone should be by to escort her to her room later on," she said. "I'll make sure I give this to her therapist."

"Thank you," River said as she left.

He then turned to me, holding my face in his hands and kissing my forehead.

"I promise, I'll make these months shorter," I told him.

He just sighed and hugged me. "I can't lose you, Raven. I just can't."

I hugged him and rubbed his back. "I'm sorry."

"I know, its okay," he said. "I'll come visit everyday."

"You have to work. Please, don't stress yourself," I begged.

He sighed, but then nodded.

"Miss Stone, we're ready," another nurse said.

I looked back at River, and kissed his cheek.

"See you soon, Raven," he said as I followed the nurse.

~~~~~

Picture: River

Continue, yes or no? ♡

**Follow @officialbloodsapph on instagram!!!